Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Separate podcasts intermixing in rss feed.

More
26 May 2016 16:05 - 26 May 2016 16:07 #6164 by Eric
I will try and explain this clearly, I have had a podcast setup that has been working fine. iTunes connected. no problems

I recently wanted to create a new podcast with a different category, series and speaker. So I created the new items, then uploaded my sermons into the new category/series. Now, those sermons are populating in my other series in RSS and iTunes? I can separate them on the sermonspeaker pages on the site, but they're intermixing in the feeds. I have created a new RSS page for the new podcast series, which works, however these are also populating in the original RSS feed as well.

Additionally, It seems that the sermoncast feed is only populating like 10 or so items. Why is that? I must have something misconfigured or something. I would really like to have 2 separate feeds with different items in each, I can do that correct?

I'm using Joomla 3.5.1 and SS 5.4.5

Thanks for your assistance.
Last edit: 26 May 2016 16:07 by Eric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2016 21:13 #6165 by Thomas Hunziker
By default, the RSS feed will display sermons from all categories. You can filter it using a menu item or by appending the category id as URL parameter (&catid=123).
The sermon listings also have the link to the corresponding RSS feed in the header of the page.

How many items are shown depends on the "Feed Length" setting in your global Joomla configuration.

More
26 May 2016 21:15 #6166 by Eric
Ok, Thanks I think that makes sense, would SEF URLs also be problematic in this case I assume?

More
26 May 2016 21:49 #6167 by Thomas Hunziker
SEF URLs should work fine.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds