Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Upload error

More
23 Jun 2015 03:45 #5344 by Alistair Kent
Upload error was created by Alistair Kent
www.the-rock.org.uk

I have created a new message (called 'Jesus always shows up), named it, saved it. That's okay.

But every time I try and upload the sermon file, I get an "upload error:400" message appearing in a pink box for a few seconds , then it disappears.

I am uploading audio mp3 files to Amazon.

I have tried uploading a previously used sermon file (that has already successfully been uploaded, but it won't accept that either). So I'm guessing ts not the file that is the problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2015 08:47 #5349 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Upload error
Try enabling error reporting in the global Joomla Configuration. Set it to Development or Maximum and try again. Chances are you get some warnings there.
It may be that Amazon changed something and I need to adjust the code. But I need to first set up a test account again to check.

More
23 Jun 2015 12:57 #5350 by Alistair Kent
Replied by Alistair Kent on topic Upload error
I have set error reporting to 'development'.

As soon as I go into the sermon item I see the following lines near the top of the page:

Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/therock6/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 1221

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$body in /home/therock6/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 1333

I then went to upload the sermon again (Files and details page) and saw thiese errors:

Notice: curl_setopt(): CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST no longer accepts the value 1, value 2 will be used instead in /home/therock6/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 1221

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$body in /home/therock6/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 1333

Then I actually tried to upload the sermon again and just got the usual '400' error pop up at the end of the upload.

When I go to the front end of any sermon page I see the following error report:

NOTICE: UNDEFINED PROPERTY: STDCLASS::$SERMON_TITLE IN /HOME/THEROCK6/PUBLIC_HTML/COMPONENTS/COM_SERMONSPEAKER/VIEWS/SERMON/TMPL/PROTOSTAR.PHP ON LINE 44

Non of that means anything to me, but hope it does you! :)

More
23 Jun 2015 14:12 #5351 by Thomas Hunziker
Looks like the S3 library I used is quite outdated. I've updated it to the current version.
Can you try the attached version? Then at least the notice about CURLOPT... should be gone. Hopefully the other one as well.

File Attachment:

File Name: sermonspeaker-2.zip
File Size:3,529 KB

The last one (UNDEFINED PROPERTY: STDCLASS::$SERMON_TITLE ...) comes from an outdated layout you use. If the protostar layout is something you did/edited yourself, you should be able to change 'sermon_title' to just 'title' in there. If it's not a custom one, just switch to the "content" layout instead.

If that doesn't fix it, then you can have a look at the error lists from Amazon: docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/...s.html#ErrorCodeList
The error code comes from there.
Attachments:

More
23 Jun 2015 14:28 #5352 by Alistair Kent
Replied by Alistair Kent on topic Upload error
Thanks. That has got rid of the Joomla errors, but I still cant upload.

More
23 Jun 2015 14:52 #5353 by Thomas Hunziker
Does it work when you try to upload to the server instead of AmazonS3?
The way it works is that the file first is uploaded to your server and from there SermonSpeaker tries to upload it to AmazonS3.
I'm not sure if the error is thrown from your server or from AmazonS3.

If it also doesn't work to your server, then it's likely an issue with the upload restrictions. Eg a smaller file should work fine then.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds