Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Resource Not Found/Didn't find any sermons- Solved

More
13 Mar 2015 03:16 - 13 Mar 2015 19:42 #5136 by Neil Zampella
OK, I really goofed somehow. I had everything showing properly, then I decided to try to adjust the series and categories.

Now, no matter what I do, the Sermonspeaker menu module (sermon list) tells me Sorry, unfortunately I didn't find any Sermons. The Latest Sermon module lists the five latest sermons fine, but you go to link to the audio and you get: Error
Resource not found

I then tried to move all the sermons under one category; didn't work. Tried to move all the series under one category, again no joy.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated:

J!: 3.4.0
PHP: 5.4.x
MySQL: 5.5.40

Thanks,

Neil
Last edit: 13 Mar 2015 19:42 by Neil Zampella.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2015 14:06 #5138 by Thomas Hunziker
In the module, check that the filters are valid. Like you really filter by the category you have assigned to the series and sermons you want to show.

Also make sure the categories are set to public. Otherwise you will only see them and their contained items if an authorised user is logged in.

There is also a setting in the SermonSpeaker options to restrict the sermon detailpage to a specific access level (eg Public, Registered, Special). Check that as well.

More
13 Mar 2015 15:22 #5140 by Neil Zampella

Thomas Hunziker wrote: In the module, check that the filters are valid. Like you really filter by the category you have assigned to the series and sermons you want to show.

The module is setup with the filter for category set to 'choose a category', it has always been this way, and it appeared to always pull from all the categories.

Also make sure the categories are set to public. Otherwise you will only see them and their contained items if an authorised user is logged in.

All categories are set to public

There is also a setting in the SermonSpeaker options to restrict the sermon detailpage to a specific access level (eg Public, Registered, Special). Check that as well.

Again, set to public. I'm at a loss.

More
13 Mar 2015 15:54 #5142 by Thomas Hunziker
Maybe also check the menu item if there is a category selected there.
I would need access to the backend if I have to troubleshoot it further. You can use the contact form to send me a username and password if you wish.

More
13 Mar 2015 16:21 #5143 by Neil Zampella
Yeah, there's a category there, uncategorized. I had moved all the sermons to the uncategorized category to see if that would work.

I'll send something to you to get in the backend.

More
13 Mar 2015 19:16 #5144 by Thomas Hunziker
Your speakers didn't have a valid category assigned. I put them into the "Ordinary Time" category like the series and sermons. Now it should work.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds