Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Player needs JavaScript turned on. error and more

More
03 Aug 2013 20:43 - 03 Aug 2013 20:49 #3730 by D Keesee
So, I've run into the 'Player needs JavaScript turned on.' error before and was able to work around the issue by changing punctuation marks. I now have run into it and punctuation has been irrelevant in my tests.

Here are two screen shots. One of sermons in default order and the same page in reverse-chronological order. Both sermon sets have punctuation and even when I remove punctuation the problem still persists.

Also, on what I think is an unrelated matter, I have been getting the following error for a while. I cannot determine why or what impact it may be having:

Finally, I would like to further customize the sorting of sermons on a Sermon List. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish:

Assistance is greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 03 Aug 2013 20:49 by D Keesee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2013 22:51 #3731 by Thomas Hunziker
The error about JavaScript you see is caused because something is breaking the JavaScript code for the player. I need a link to the page to see what is going on.

The error about the missing table means that something went wrong during a SermonSpeaker update. You can try to manually apply the SQL commands found in github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/blob/Ser...ates/mysql/4.4.6.sql using phpMyAdmin or similar. Maybe other stuff is missing as well, I don't know.

For your adjustments with the search field you can use CSS. Since the player is centered on the page and the filters are left aligned, you can probably only make the player also left aligned and then apply a left-margin to both elements. This way you get the same margin on the left side.
Or you can of course also create an own layout like described here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting.html and adjust whatever you need.

More
03 Aug 2013 23:17 #3732 by D Keesee

Thomas Hunziker wrote: You can try to manually apply the SQL commands found in github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/blob/Ser...ates/mysql/4.4.6.sql using phpMyAdmin or similar.

Thanks Thomas,

I ran that bit of SQL and then realized that the tables referenced in those errors were named with a prefix of #__ for some reason. Changing the names after running that SQL statement fixed it.

Here is a link to the page regarding the JavaScript error:

cmcroanoke.org/recent-sermons/sermon-archive

I will look into Layouting and CSS. I thought something more significant would be needed to add/modify a sorting field.

Thanks again.

More
03 Aug 2013 23:31 #3733 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomla uses #__ as the prefix in the code, and then replaces it with the actual prefix when the query is executed. That's why :)

The problem with the JavaScript is a file named "/audio/2013/20130331_jesus'_post_event_analysis.mp3". The ' in it breaks the code.

More
03 Aug 2013 23:48 #3734 by D Keesee
Worked like a charm!

Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds