Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Migration from 3.4.3

More
26 Jan 2012 20:19 #1438 by Andrei Chernyshev
to get categories back the fastest way is to use dbReplacer component. but use it only if you know what you are doing. Otherwise you'll mess up your Joomla 2.5 installation DB pretty bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2012 23:40 #1439 by Neil Zampella
Performed the migration using the JUpgrade migrator. If you follow the migration steps as given by JUpgrade documentation, your base database will be converted to the Joomla 2.5 standard, but will be given the j17_ prefix (this is using JUpgrade 2.5b3) it may change at a final release. Your original database, and 1.5 site will still be available and live. Your 2.5 site will be copied and migrated under a new jupgrade directory under the siteroot. Gives you plenty of time to make sure the new site is working, and to either migrate or find a new tempate.

Once JUpgrade migrated the main database, I migrated SermonSpeaker using the steps as listed. Worked perfectly, however, you will have to copy the MP3 files (and any other media) from the location in the old 1.5 site (in my case siteroot$/components/com_sermonspeaker/media to the same location on the 2.5 site in the JUpgrade directory. Since JUpgrade does not touch SermonSpeaker, it will not move any of the media files.

Hope this helps someone else.

More
27 Jan 2012 07:48 #1440 by Thomas Hunziker
Also to note: With SermonSpeaker 4.0 you should have your sermons stored outside of /components/com_sermonspeaker. Best is to store it in the /images/ directory (or a subdirectory of it).

The reason is that on the next SermonSpeaker upgrade Joomla may delete all files not listed in the installation manifest, thus deleting your sermons.

To move existing sermons you would have to edit the database and of course move the files. I would do an export of the table (jos_sermon_sermons), edit it with a text editor (like notepad++) and do a search/replace for the old filepath, replacing it with the new one. Then import the file again, overwriting the existing table.

More
21 Feb 2012 21:21 - 21 Feb 2012 22:07 #1523 by B.Pohl
Replied by B.Pohl on topic Re: Migration from 3.4.3
Hi,

I've finally begun the migration process from 1.5-->2.5 & my last step has been migrating sermonspeaker 3.4.2 to 4.3

I have migrated the sermonspeaker tables, and the sermon titles appear in the backend when I navigate to sermonspeaker-->Sermons. However, when I click on any sermon, the Details (on the right) for "speaker" and "series" are all messed up. Here's a screenshot
deleted by admin

Similarly, if I navigate to sermonspeaker-->Series or to sermonspeaker-->Speakers, I receive a "500 Error". Here's a screenshot of that:
deleted by admin

When I upgraded, my steps were to install sermonspeaker4.3, import the three tables, changing the prefix, then re-installing sermonspeaker4.3

Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Thanks so much,
Bert
Last edit: 21 Feb 2012 22:07 by Thomas Hunziker. Reason: Admin: Removed sensible informations

More
21 Feb 2012 22:06 - 21 Feb 2012 22:09 #1525 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Bert, thanks for testing the upgrade path from 3.4.2 directly to 4.3. I didn't test this myself and thus I always was referring to the upgrade to 4.0. B)

Fortunately it's not a big issue and I already fixed the bug with the migrate script internally now. If you have any way to apply an SQL statement to the database directly, use this:
Code:
ALTER TABLE jos_sermon_series ADD `home` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'; ALTER TABLE jos_sermon_speakers ADD `home` TINYINT(3) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

Of course replace the prefix jos_ with your own prefix first.
It will add the missing "home" fields to the series and speakers tables. That seems to be all that is missing.

I've removed the pictures with your error messages in your post because they contain some sensible information (like prefix).

To make it clear for future readers: Use SermonSpeaker 4.0 for the migration process and upgrade SermonSpeaker later using the one-click upgrade Joomla offers. This is the tested way. While other ways may work as well, they may contain bugs as it's not tested.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2012 22:09 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
21 Feb 2012 22:23 #1527 by B.Pohl
Replied by B.Pohl on topic Re: Migration from 3.4.3
Very nice--that did the job & it's running.

Thanks so much!

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds