Layouting help

More
21 Feb 2022 15:42 - 21 Feb 2022 17:58 #7837 by Mike
Layouting help was created by Mike
I searched through the forum and looked at the docs but can't figure this out. Could you advise me?
The site I am working on is: uniongrovewhi234.s16.cpsvr.com/series-list/serie/2-judges
I just installed and am using J4 the latest version on a custom template
1) How do I remove the tool tips? They look pretty bad. I found some jquery code that removed some but not all.
2) It looks like I'll need to create my own layout, which files do I use for the single series and latest sermon module?
3) Where do I find more sample layouts or documentation on that?
4) How do I sort the series? I tried dragging in the series section on the backend but that doesn't work. Couldn't find a setting for it either.
Thanks much,
Mike
Last edit: 21 Feb 2022 17:58 by Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2022 21:47 #7838 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Layouting help
Those "tooltips" are called Popovers ( getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/components/popovers/ )
They are generated by a Joomla function which creates those table headers "HTMLHelper::_('grid.sort', ....)".

If you don't want those popovers, you would have to create your own headers.

For Layouting, there is some basic guides here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting.html
But you can use any documentation about layout overrides from Joomla, SermonSpeaker doesn't do much unique here.

To manually order the series, you need to first sort the list on the "Ordering" column. You can do that by clicking the first header arrows or select from the dropdown. Afterwards the three dots before each entry will become dark instead of grey and you can drag and drop them.
That's the exact same behavior as for articles and any other Joomla view. Some explanation for articles can be found here: www.joomlashack.com/blog/joomla/order-articles/ . For SermonSpeaker it works the same way.

More
21 Feb 2022 22:08 #7839 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Layouting help
Thank you for the info. On the sorting, I double checked the articles and they manually sort fine. So do the modules. But I can't manually sort the series. Can't sort the sermons either, but I don't need to sort those.

It's kind of a big deal because I need so sort the series by book of the Bible and then the topical ones on the bottom. Do you have any idea what would cause that?

More
21 Feb 2022 22:47 #7840 by Thomas Hunziker
It really should behave the exact same way as articles and other views.
Maybe you need to filter by a single category first?

More
21 Feb 2022 22:57 #7841 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Layouting help
yes it is very strange. But only happening in sermon speaker.
Do you think if I went into the corresponding core file and took out the sort by function that would then allow me to sort them? If so which file would I look for?

I could change the dates on all them and sort by date but that is going to make it pretty confusing for the church when they add new series.

More
21 Feb 2022 23:22 #7842 by Thomas Hunziker
I wouldn't mess with core. Worst case you would break the database entries.
I know the requirement is to be sorted by ordering and there may also be a requirement that the list is filtered by a category. Because you can only order within a given category.

You could of course also just set the ordering column within the database table. It's just a number it sets there.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds