RSS Feed

More
12 Jun 2024 04:25 #8332 by Russell Patterson
RSS Feed was created by Russell Patterson
Hello,

We are archiving sermons from decades ago onto our site.  Is there a way to create an RSS feed that will capture these sermons even though I have configured the recording date to be that of the original recording (e.i. 1969).  Right now it looks like it the RSS feed will only display the most current message by date.

media.worthbc.org , you will see that we have messages from the 1960s to the most recent.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the plugin you have created!

Russell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2024 07:18 #8333 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic RSS Feed
By default, it will show the latest 10 sermons in the feed.
The amount is taken from the global "Default Feed Limit" setting.
You can override that setting within the SermonSpeaker settings in the "SermonCast" tab. There is a setting named "Feed Limit".
The maximum you can set it is 100.

I haven't added an "All" parameter simply because that would become quite slow with a huge number of sermons. That's usually not the best setting. But I can try to add it if you need it.

More
12 Jun 2024 17:42 #8334 by Russell Patterson
Replied by Russell Patterson on topic RSS Feed
Thank you for your quick response.

I think I did not explain myself very clearly. Sorry!

Is there a way to create an RSS feed with the latest published sermons? For example, we are uploading sermons that were originally recorded in the 1960s, and we use the publication date as the same date of the recording. We schedule each one of those sermons to become visible every day, but since the recording date (published date in Sermone Speaker) is from many years ago, it will not show up in my RSS feed. I hope this makes more sense.

I think we have close to 8,000 sermons in our archives.

Thanks again!
Russell

More
13 Jun 2024 07:41 #8335 by Thomas Hunziker
So you would like to sort the RSS feed by the "Start Publishing" date?
Currently it's fixed by the sermon "Date" field (the one in the Details fieldset.
I could certainly add a setting to allow sorting by "Start Publishing", "Created Date" and "Modified Date" as well.

More
13 Jun 2024 15:22 - 13 Jun 2024 15:35 #8336 by Russell Patterson
Replied by Russell Patterson on topic RSS Feed
Yes sir, that is exactly it! That would be a very nice option to have. Thanks!

If this is not a lot of work, I think this would be very helpful for those archiving sermons.  I want to ensure I can get as much publicity as possible, as we have quite a few people who download podcasts.

Thanks again!
Last edit: 13 Jun 2024 15:35 by Russell Patterson. Reason: Added additional comments for clarity.

More
17 Jun 2024 10:39 - 17 Jun 2024 10:40 #8337 by Thomas Hunziker
I've added two new settings to the "SermonCast" tab in the SermonSpeaker Options.
If you install the attached version over your existing one, you should see those and can try them out if that works for you.

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...6-17.zip
File Size:4,287 KB
Last edit: 17 Jun 2024 10:40 by Thomas Hunziker. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds