Joomla 3->4 upgrade, sermonspeaker "error updating component"

More
21 Oct 2023 01:28 #8186 by B.Pohl
Greetings,
I wondered if someone could direct me. I upgraded sermonspeaker to 5.9.9 within Joomla 3 (latest version), then did the upgrade to Joomla 4. Everything seems to have upgraded well, except for sermonspeaker. When I attempt to update from 5.9.9 to 6.0.8, it presents me with the following errors:
Warning: Spoiler!

Is there a trick to upgrading sermonspeaker 5->6?
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2023 10:59 #8187 by Thomas Hunziker
Looks like it tries to delete a folder which was already deleted.

Did it cancel the installation or was it just a warning that showed? In the latter case and SermonSpeaker 6 actually installed, you can ignore the warning..

More
21 Oct 2023 17:31 #8188 by B.Pohl
Thanks so much Thomas,
Sadly, it cancelled the installation and persists on version 5.9.9. I did consolidate the database after upgrading to Joomla 4 & before attempting the upgrade to 6.0.8.
I can try the whole process again. Is there anything specific, or different I can try?

More
21 Oct 2023 17:42 #8189 by Thomas Hunziker
First I would try reinstalling SermonSpeaker 5.9.9. This should create the directories Joomla tries to delete during the update.

If that doesn't work, you could try manually creating the folders and file it tries to delete:

/components/com_sermonspeaker/id3
/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/layouts
/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3
/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/images
/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/sermonspeaker.css

More
21 Oct 2023 20:33 #8190 by B.Pohl
Thanks so much again! Creating the folders/file enabled me to update the package.

Now that it's on version 6.0.7, I'm having trouble with the plugin: JW Player 7 When I enable it, it will crash a sermon list with the following error:

Compile Error: Declaration of PlgSermonspeakerJwplayer7::onGetPlayer($context, &$player, $items, $config) must be compatible with SermonspeakerPluginPlayer::onGetPlayer($context, $player, $items, $config)

(on line 74 of /home/poolewea/public_html/plugins/sermonspeaker/jwplayer7/jwplayer7.php:74)

At the moment, I have disabled Jwplayer7, and am using MediaElement.js. This enables the sermon list, but when I click on a sermon title, it still generates a 500 error: behavior::tooltip not found.

The back end seems to work just fine.

Are there different settings I need to use within sermonspeaker?
Thanks!

More
21 Oct 2023 21:18 #8191 by Thomas Hunziker
The JW Player 7 plugin is no longer available for J4 since JW doesn't offer free licenses anymore.
I've replaced it with the mediaelement.js plugin ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download/category/5-player-plugins.html ) whihc is free and offers similar features.

Can I have a look at the site where it generates the error?

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds