Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

SQL syntax error

More
25 Jul 2018 22:16 #7205 by Austin
SQL syntax error was created by Austin
Just installed SermonSpeaker to try it out. Successfully used the 'Create sermons automatically' tool to import some old archived sermons.

I created the category "Archived Sermons" and wanted to move all of the imported sermons to this category. However, anytime I attempt to show more than 20 sermons, or go beyond the first page of 20 sermons listed I get the following error:

500 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 12 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 20' at line 12 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 12

I can't access the sermons again without logging out and back in to Joomla.

Any ideas on the problem or how to remedy it?

Thanks!
Joomla 3.8.10
SermonSpeaker 5.8.4

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2018 23:32 #7206 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic SQL syntax error
Can you try enable debugging and reproduce it then? I think that should give you the complete failing query then.

I will try to reproduce it tomorrow.

More
26 Jul 2018 16:51 #7207 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic SQL syntax error
Works fine here for me so far. SO I need more details to find out exactly what triggered your error.
The logging out and in to reset it may mean some filters or sorting options are applied. Logging out (or closing the browser) would clear those. So this may be relevant.
And how ar you trying to move the sermons? Using the batch button and selecting the new category there for the 20 sermons at once?

More
26 Jul 2018 18:14 #7208 by Austin
Replied by Austin on topic SQL syntax error
Thank you for the reply.

The error seems to occur anytime I try to do anything beyond the front page of (20) sermons.
If I click to proceed to page '2' it throws the error. If I choose to filter 'Uncategorized' sermons it throws the same error.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the error with debugging on.
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2018 18:16 #7209 by Austin
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermons/view.html.php:75

2 SermonspeakerViewSermons->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:672

3 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/controller.php:45

4 SermonspeakerController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710

5 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/sermonspeaker.php:21

6 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:382

7 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:357

8 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101

9 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159

10 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:195

11 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

More
26 Jul 2018 18:16 - 26 Jul 2018 18:18 #7210 by Austin
I realized the image may be hard to read.
Last edit: 26 Jul 2018 18:18 by Austin. Reason: Duplicate

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds