Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend file upload to Amazon error

More
14 Jun 2018 20:49 #7144 by Ian Shere
Hi Thomas

Having some Amazon S3 upload issues from the frontend. When I try to upload an MP3, I get this error:

Error: The file cannot be uploaded

If I turn on Development error reporting, as soon as I go to the file page on a new upload I see:

Above the files fields:

Warning: S3::getBucketLocation(/adventepiscopalchurch): [AccessDenied] Access Denied in /home/wwwckde/public_html/advent/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 373

Above the Audio file and Video file fields:

Warning: S3::getBucket(): [PermanentRedirect] The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint. in /home/wwwckde/public_html/advent/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 373

Warning: S3::getBucket(): [PermanentRedirect] The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint. in /home/wwwckde/public_html/advent/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 373

Warning: uasort() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/wwwckde/public_html/advent/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/fields/customfilelist.php on line 275

Warning: S3::getBucketLocation(/adventepiscopalchurch): [AccessDenied] Access Denied in /home/wwwckde/public_html/advent/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 373

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wwwckde/public_html/advent/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/fields/customfilelist.php on line 289

If I try to upload with Development reporting on, I don't get the fail message, but I get what shows in the attachment. However, the file is not uploaded.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2018 21:52 #7145 by Thomas Hunziker
Did this work before?

More
14 Jun 2018 21:56 #7146 by Ian Shere
No, this is a new install and I haven't used SS for a number of years - no church clients! :P

More
14 Jun 2018 22:03 #7147 by Thomas Hunziker
Which bucket Location (Region) are you using? Then I can try to reproduce it.

More
14 Jun 2018 22:19 #7148 by Ian Shere
They had set up Ohio, so I set up a Virginia one (the region I always use). Both are failing.

However, here's something that may be it. If, in the Options in the backend, you mouse over Custom S3 URL label, the tooltip says:

"Use a custom DNS instead of the default s3.amazonaws.com/bucketname ". (I know this may be old and not updated of course)

Couple of issues with what the component is defaulting to.

1. Amazon S3 now uses https
2. The actual URL if I click into the bucket is s3.console.aws.amazon.com/s3/buckets/get...-east-2&tab=overview - you can see this is very different in construction to what the tooltip says. Again, as I said above, this just may be the tooltip never got updated but the component dd.

More
14 Jun 2018 22:29 #7149 by Ian Shere
Stop the bus! :)

Finally decided to recreate the 2 keys in Amazon. Boom! Client must have given me dud info. Now it's working. Sorry for the hassle Thomas. Appreciate the quick support.

Time to create page: 0.309 seconds