Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Cannot choose series or speaker in Administrator

More
19 Feb 2018 01:36 #6978 by Edward Gutman
We updated to Sermonspeaker 5.71 last week. Now we cannot select a Speaker or a Series when entering a sermon. I read an earlier post which talked about hitting the "Clear" button and then being able to select. However, when I hit "Clear"; and then hit "Select", the Select dialog pops up, but there are no Series or Speakers listed to choose from and the window is essentially a deadend. There are no navigation buttons displayed to allow me to exit that screen at that time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2018 18:58 #6979 by Thomas Hunziker
Is that in frontend or backend?
And can you check the browser chonsole if there are any JavaScript errors?

More
19 Feb 2018 19:29 #6980 by Edward Gutman
Backend. Not sure how to check for JavaScript errors.

More
19 Feb 2018 19:50 #6981 by Thomas Hunziker
In most browsers you can hit F12 to open the developer tools. There it will show Javascript errors in the console window.

More
19 Feb 2018 20:00 #6982 by Edward Gutman
No errors that I can see. In Interent Explorer, I do get a close button, but the list of speakers is blank, even though we have quite a few in the database.

More
19 Feb 2018 21:21 #6983 by Thomas Hunziker
That's interesting. Actually, the popup (modal) uses the exact same datasource as the regular speakers/series list in the backend. It just has a different layout (modal.php instead of default.php).
So next thing to step would be what happens if you manually visit the page "administrator/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=speakers&layout=modal&tmpl=component" in your sites backend. It's the URL the modal is supposed to load into its iframe.
If that is also empty, I would check if there exists an override for that layout in the backend template. You can check that in the template manager or by checking with FTP if there are files in a folder administrator/templates/isis/html/com_sermonspeaker. If there are any and you don't have them created on purpose, just delete them.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds