Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

5.7.1 Speaker Drop Down Listing

More
13 Jan 2018 17:36 - 13 Jan 2018 17:38 #6944 by Bill Kellum
I just updated to 5.7.1 and now I no longer have a populated speaker drop down list when creating a new sermon. I also no longer have a populated series drop down listing as well.
Last edit: 13 Jan 2018 17:38 by Bill Kellum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2018 17:52 #6945 by Thomas Hunziker
With SermonSpeaker 5.7.0, the speaker and series dropdown in the backend were replaced with a modal based select field. Similar to other places in Joomla.
In Frontend, there are still dropdowns used and there shouldn't be any changes.

From which version did you update?

More
13 Jan 2018 21:16 #6946 by Bill Kellum
I've been keeping up with the updates so thought I was coming from 5.7.0. How would I get my list of speakers back that I can select from in the backend when setting up a sermon?

More
13 Jan 2018 21:28 #6947 by Thomas Hunziker
Honestly I don't know why you don't have the list. It should be there like always.
Try deleting the browser and Joomla cache to make sure there is no cache playing fools with you. Also try with a superuser account to make sure it's not an ACL issue.
Maybe install SermonSpeaker over the existing one to make sure all files are properly copied.

If that all doesn't help, I may need access to the administrator section of your site to check what is going on.

More
18 Jan 2018 17:06 #6948 by Bill Kellum
I resinstalled the package and the component as well as clear the cache but still no go. When adding a NEW SERMON, under the FILES & DETAILS options, the Speaker listing only shows one speaker with the option to edit that one speaker but does not have my list of speakers to select from for that sermon.
I'm good with you logging into the admin if you have the time.

More
18 Jan 2018 17:23 #6949 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah now I think I understand the issue.
By default, that field is populated already with your default speaker. If you need another one, you have to first "Clear" the field and then that "Edit" button gets replaced with a "Select" one which lets you select a new speaker.

Time to create page: 0.303 seconds