Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Podcast Suite data to SermonSpeaker

More
10 Feb 2015 02:12 #5055 by Lisa
I have used Podcast Suite (now outmoded) with J 2.5x for several years. Our site will be moving to the J 3.3x platform by end of February and, since Podcast Suite is incompatible with J 3.3x, I wondered if anyone had ever moved content from Podcast Suite to SermonSpeaker or if that is even possible. I am asking because there are over 100 sermons in our repository and I do not want to recreate the data if I can avoid it.

Thank you for your response.

~ Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Feb 2015 08:27 #5056 by Thomas Hunziker
You mean the Podcast Manager from Michael Babker ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/podcast-manager )? That one would be compatible with J3.
I didn't find an extension named Podcast Suite on JED. So can't say if it's possible to migrate the data without being able to look at how they store the data.

More
10 Feb 2015 19:49 #5057 by Lisa
No, I looked at Podcast Manager as a possible alternative to Podcast Suite ( github.com/manoscrafted/Podcast-Suite ) but the interface is ugly and did not work for our site. Podcast Suite was developed by Joseph LeBlanc and handed off to Cory Webb who has since discontinued development. Last update of files was 2012. :-/

More
10 Feb 2015 20:36 #5058 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah I see.
Looking at theire data structure it should be possible to convert it to SermonSpeaker data.
Are you familiar with exporting and importing SQL files? If so could you send me a dump of your podcast suite tables? Then I could convert them and send you back an SQL file for SermonSpeaker.
Otherwise I will need access to your database (phpMyAdmin or similar) so I could do it directly.

Writing an importer in SermonSpeaker itself likely takes longer than doing it manually myself :)

You can use the contact form to send me the informations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa

More
10 Feb 2015 22:46 #5059 by Lisa
What a very generous offer, Thomas! That would be fabulous! I do feel guilty about your doing this without compensation, however. Are you still looking for a logo? I am a graphic artist by trade...

I'll send the tables to you soon.

With many thanks,

~ Lisa

More
10 Feb 2015 22:51 #5060 by Thomas Hunziker
I got a logo and template offered lately. The one you see on the top left. So that isn't needed anymore at the moment.

But I'm fine doing that for free, as I also do the extension :)
I see it as my hobby and to help churches spread the gospel. So please don't feel bad. I love to do that :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds