Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Database error installing - existing SS on J3.3.6

More
17 Nov 2014 19:51 #4931 by Vernon Zehr
Recently Autotweet stopped working. We researched this and discovered that there was some sort of update or patch to fix.

I downloaded the latest version of Sermon Speaker, tried to install but got some database errors about duplicate fields or something (don't have access to it right now).

I checked the database from the previous version, and compared to the newest version of a clean install.

The database field headers appear different. I am assuming the reinstallation/update failed because the field headers were different.

I checked the extensions manager and the version of Sermon Speaker is 5.2.3, which is the same listed as the version I downloaded... but... they are different.

I was going to simply upload the Sermon Speaker database entries into the clean installation but if the fields have been changed this won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2014 19:58 #4932 by Thomas Hunziker
It would help if you can post the exact error message.
The needed SQL changes are stored in the installation package in the admin/sql/updates/mysql folder. Joomla automatically should apply all those files in order when updating from an older version.

You could manually apply those if needed. You just have to change the prefix from the generic "#__" to the one you use.

If you want to do a clean install, you would have to install SermonSpeaker first because it will drop the tables during installation. Afterwards you can copy the data from your installation and do the needed changes.

More
17 Nov 2014 20:07 #4933 by Vernon Zehr
I remember now that the error when installing had to do with fields for "audiofilesize" or something like that.

What I notice in the database is that the "old" Sermon Speaker doesn't have an "audiofilesize" field at all... plus... a lot of other fields are missing. Apparently the update isn't updating those fields.

More
17 Nov 2014 20:17 #4934 by Vernon Zehr
This is the error:

Duplicate column name 'audiofilesize' SQL=ALTER TABLE k2g4k_sermon_sermons ADD `audiofilesize` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

I checked the installer files. The SQL files stop at 5.0.4.

The version we are using is listed in the extensions manager as 5.2.3 but the tables are completely different from the current 5.2.3 version I downloaded. Very confused.

More
17 Nov 2014 20:23 #4935 by Thomas Hunziker
5.0.4 is correct. There was no change in databases after that version, thus there was no need for another file.
The audiofilesize and videofilesize fields were added with 4.5.0.

Looks like something went wrong during an update. Or you installed an old version over a newer one (downgraded) which doesn't work with Joomla.

You can try if the database fix in the extension manager works. Otherwise you need to manually fix the tables I guess.

More
17 Nov 2014 20:33 #4936 by Vernon Zehr
Hmm... I was afraid of that.

Okay, but I am a bit confused. We updated from J25 to J3 a while ago. Everything has been working fine. The files for Sermon Speaker are for J3 and the component is working fine. If something went wrong during an update how could the component still be working? Wouldn't the PHP functionality be linked to the database fields?

Just curious.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds