Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Unpublished Indicator

More
21 Feb 2014 04:44 #4372 by michael holt
Thank you so much for this extension. I have been using it for several years.

Recently, I went through all the work to take the sermons out of Joomla 1.5/SermonSpeaker 3.3 to a Joomla 3.2/SermonSpeaker 5.1 site. That was an adventure.

My question is this: Why is a huge "Unpublished" tag showing up in the left hand upper of this page?
www.keystonebaptist.org/index.php/sermon-list

Second question, same page: I cannot make this sort by sermon date, descending no matter what my settings. Am I missing something?

Would there be a mass batch update to fix existing scriptures to be filter capable? (I am very comfortable with MySQL.)

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2014 09:00 #4373 by Thomas Hunziker
I detected that tag recently and removed it from the layouts. I honestly have no clue why that slipped in there. You can just remove it from the layout or hide it using CSS. It will be gone with the next update.

For the sorting: There are probably two issues here.
  1. Your template doesn't show the IcoMoon icons. Have a look at the SermonSpeaker options in the "Layouts" tab. Enable "Load IcoMoon CSS". After that, you will see little arrows beside the table headings indicating how the list is sorted.
  2. It may help to know that SermonSpeaker stores the current ordering in the session. So if you clicked on a header to sort the list, it will remember that selection until you close the browser (each instance of it!). The settings you make in the backend only defines the initial sorting.

More
21 Feb 2014 09:05 #4374 by Thomas Hunziker

michael holt wrote: Would there be a mass batch update to fix existing scriptures to be filter capable? (I am very comfortable with MySQL.)

Not an easy one unfortunately. Easiest is probably if you dump the scriptures table and change it locally with search/replace functions.

The thing is that the scripture used to be a simple string. This string even may have contained multiple scriptures. This has to be converted to the new format where each scripture is stored split up as integers for books, chapters and verses.

More
21 Feb 2014 13:42 #4375 by michael holt
Replied by michael holt on topic Unpublished Indicator
Thank you so much for your replies. I will work with your suggestions.

Thank you very much for such a powerful module. The ability to include the sermons in the search results is EXTREMELY powerful.

Michael

More
22 Feb 2014 20:21 #4377 by michael holt
Replied by michael holt on topic Unpublished Indicator
I successfully just removed the code in the filters php file that generated the unpublished label as well as the filter label behind it. Looks like I expect now...GREAT!

I also changed to use icomoon css.

If I was a newby, is there a setting I am missing to get this list to auto sort (first page access) by date? My entire reason for building this site was for mobile access. I would be much easier on mobile users to have this page sorted initially by date. If not, is the sort order in the same filters.php file?

My page is here: keystonebaptist.org/index.php/sermon-list

Thank you for such a great module. The ability to search sermons based on keyword or bible verse made this extension extremely powerful as a reference for anyone in the world.

More
22 Feb 2014 21:31 #4379 by Thomas Hunziker
There is a setting in the global tab of the SermonSpeaker options. There you can set the default ordering. Set it to date descending and it should show the newest sermons on top.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael holt

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds