Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

No sermons to display / Unknown column 'name'

More
09 Jul 2013 05:52 - 09 Jul 2013 05:59 #3661 by Brady Kuenning
I am trying to upgrade my site from 2.5.4 to 3.1.1

I upgraded SermonsSpeaker to 4.5.4 then upgraded the site to 3.1
Afterwards I upgraded Sermon speaker to 5.0 and all of the sermons and series show up fine on the back end. BUT... on the front I get errors saying No Sermons to Display.

On the back end I lost all categories and when I click tools / statistics I get the error.

Unknown column 'name' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT id, name, hits FROM j31_sermon_speakers ORDER BY id

I have the tables from joomla 2.5 Sermon Speaker exported to a SQL file so I can drop and re-import if you need me to.

Website is AKVCOC.com You will need a login as the site is offline.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 05:59 by Brady Kuenning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2013 12:17 #3662 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Brady

I don't know why you lost the categories during the update. That shouldn't happen. But it's the reason why you get the message in the frontend. The category filter from the menu item doesn't match the category in the sermons and thus no sermons are shown.
You need to fix the categories and then resave the menu item and it will work.

It would be interesting how you did the update to Joomla. Did you use the one-click updater within Joomla or did you create a new installation?

The error in the statistics view is a bug. Thanks for this feedback. I have solved it locally. Can you try it if you download the attached file. Extract it and put it to

/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/statistics.php

File Attachment:

File Name: hf155578.zip
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:

More
10 Jul 2013 04:19 - 10 Jul 2013 04:20 #3663 by Brady Kuenning
Well when I upgraded I used the built in updater.
I did however uninstall ALL third party extensions.

I didn't realize that Sermon Speaker removed the SQL data when its removed.

So I exported and imported all of the sermonspeaker tables into the site.

Looking into the databse now it looks like you store the SermonSpeaker categories in X_categories and X_assets.

Do you have a good method for properly exporting and importing the SQL from a backup?

I tried creating categories with the exact same name and it didn't seem to do much.

Old site running from a backup. j2.5

New Live Site j3.1
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jul 2013 04:20 by Brady Kuenning.

More
10 Jul 2013 08:37 #3664 by Thomas Hunziker
Just for reference: You don't have to uninstall SermonSpeaker when you update your Joomla. As written on www.sermonspeaker.net/download.html SermonSpeaker 4.5.4 runs fine with Joomla 3.x.

Categories are handled by Joomla itself. The #__categories and #__assets tables belong to the Joomla core. SermonSpeaker just uses some API provided by Joomla to use these. Similar to how Tags work now.

For database entries, it usually doesn't matter how you name stuff. Everything is connected together using the "id" of a row. That's important so you can rename anything without breaking something. In your case it doesn't help creating categories with the same name. You would have to create categories with the same id. But you can't just change the id of the category because it's connected also with the assets table and maybe even more tables.

The easiest thing would be to change the catid field in the SermonSpeaker tables to point to the new created category id. This can be done easy with phpMyAdmin or a similar tool where you can use SQL commands. Something along the following line would do:
Code:
UPDATE jos_sermon_sermons SET catid = 12 WHERE catid = 5

Of course adjust the database table prefix (jos_) to what you have in your installation and the numbers to reflect your old (5) and new (12) category ids.
Do that for all three tables (sermons, speakers, series).

Or just use the batch functions in the SermonSpeaker administration to manually assign the new categories.

More
10 Jul 2013 19:01 - 10 Jul 2013 19:53 #3665 by Brady Kuenning
So I created new categories and used the batch function on the series, speakers, and sermons to attach them to the new categories.

This seemed to fix the series list view but not the sermons list.

UPDATE:
Well I have been able to get several of the series to work now. Strangely, not all of them.
The 2010 still wont load. It seems like its taking a while for them to start working.

Also I wanted you to know that I had weird issues with a floating box permanently at the top of the page. I use one of the the new YooTheme templates. Turns out it was caused by the bootstrap.css. The tag "modal" was causing the floating box. I fixed this by deleting the tag modal from the bootstrap CSS files. But I wanted you to be aware of this in case the bootstrap.css becomes more and more commonly used as a standard.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jul 2013 19:53 by Brady Kuenning.

More
10 Jul 2013 20:00 #3666 by Thomas Hunziker
Actually, the modal class is used by MooTools to create modal popups. It's a known incompatibility between Bootstrap and MooTools. It's not a bug in SermonSpeaker, you need to tell the template creators.
Joomla has this fixed in the Bootstrap version which is shipped with the core (or at least it's fixed in Protostar). I'm not sure what version YooTheme uses.

The series shouldn't "take some time" to work. It's all instant taken from the database, except if you have some caching enabled.
Also make sure to resave the menu items, sometimes they create problems with their parameters. Resaving updates those.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds