Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

RTMP Support

More
26 Aug 2011 04:12 #963 by Ryan Faircloth
RTMP Support was created by Ryan Faircloth
I've started on this but i have never coded PHP and little Java Scipt. I would like to use a streaming server to feed audio/video rather than progressive download to improve the end user experience. I have tested this hack but its not production quality so I took it out.

In player.php function JWPlayer
In the script section the player needs this extra field if streaming is going to be used
.' streamer: "rtmp://173.192.105.222/southsideag/",'
This would need to be configurable
In the file rather than a full url to the file http:// the url is relative to the players base directory which I have mapped to my "sermonspeaker base"
so my file value is video/filename.flv and audio/filename.mp3

So we would need new configuration options to support the rtmp url and a helper function to translate the current downloadable link to the rtmp relative path.

I attached my proof of concept code I was able to play video with the Red5 streaming server

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2011 08:51 #965 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: RTMP Support
The attaching seems to not have worked. Can you send it to me (bakual@bakual.ch)? I can see to include it into a future version of SermonSpeaker. Shouldn't be to hard if I have a working code sample already :-)

More
26 Aug 2011 17:38 #966 by Ryan Faircloth
Replied by Ryan Faircloth on topic Re: RTMP Support
will email it over. I was thinking about working on fleshing it out this weekend a bit betterI would also like to try flowplayer instead of JWplayer so we can get away from the water mark

More
26 Aug 2011 17:46 #967 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: RTMP Support
If this flowplayer also has such an awesome javascript API, then I'm fine with it.
But then the watermark is easy to get rid of, just license the player. It's a amazing piece of code and doesn't cost much money, so it would be well invested.

More
26 Aug 2011 19:29 #968 by Ryan Faircloth
I didn't mention it but I was unable to get h264 f4v files to play in JWplayer only with FlowPlayer. It has a pretty good api it seems comperable to JWPlayer

More
28 Aug 2011 16:55 #975 by Ryan Faircloth
I'm making some progress on the streaming code and flowplayer for h264

I keep having issues with Eclipse on windows and the debugger stopping due to unexpected script termination. Just curious are you doing your dev work with PTP on windows or linux. Trying to get some ideas on a reliable dev setup.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds