Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

XMAP plugin has wrong data

More
29 Apr 2014 09:46 #4551 by Wijnand
Hi there,

I use the 4.5 SermonSpeaker component and also use the XMap plugin.
Everything worked fine, but now I made multiple categories and I saw now in google webmaster tools that I have many double pages.

So I looked and it's through.

In the pages I have selected the categories-page with one category. In the other page I have another category. But in XMAP both pages have ALL categories and not just the one category that I selected.

How can I change this?

BTW: I have not updated to 5.X because I changed the views because I wanted other texts. I don't want the views to be changed again :-).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2014 09:56 #4552 by Thomas Hunziker
Do you have an URL where I can have a look?

Searching a matching itemid for a given sermon is a tricky thing and I'm sure there are bugs with that. If I know where it fails, I can probably fix it :)

More
29 Apr 2014 10:13 #4553 by Wijnand
Replied by Wijnand on topic XMAP plugin has wrong data
www.preekindex.nl/index.php?option=com_x...&tmpl=component&id=1

This is the URL of the xmap.

The website is preekindex.nl...

Category 1: www.preekindex.nl/preken
Category 2: www.preekindex.nl/compilaties

And I got more categories.

when I go to www.preekindex.nl/preken/sermon/738-bewo...en-anne-van-der-bijl OR to www.preekindex.nl/compilaties/sermon/738...en-anne-van-der-bijl ... that's no difference, and it should be that only the first works.

And the same happens in the xmap.

Do you have enough information? :-)

More
29 Apr 2014 14:42 #4554 by Thomas Hunziker
You should update to SermonSpeaker 5.x for sure. Especially since you already use Joomla 3.x.

To avoid updates breaking your view layouts, you should not edit the files directly and instead override them in your template. See sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting.html for a bit more details. This way an update will not overwrite your changes.
It may however be that you need to adjust them to latest changes. But that is usually not so much work.

That being said, the fact that you can access the sermons over different URLs is not a bug by itself.

However XMap should list them correct. I need to check that. I just need to figure out again how that thing works :cheer:

More
29 Apr 2014 14:52 #4555 by Thomas Hunziker
I just saw. Can you try disabling the options to expand the series and speakers in the SermonSpeaker XMap plugin? That probably solves the issue.

More
29 Apr 2014 15:42 #4556 by Wijnand
Replied by Wijnand on topic XMAP plugin has wrong data
That solves it a little bit, because now the sermons are not in the xmap...

The sermons must be shown, but not twice :-)... isn't that possible?

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds