Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Pop Up Audio Player - Player not showing

More
26 Sep 2013 05:32 #3901 by Pamela Besteder
I have "Play icon function" set to Popup Player

When a user clicks the little play icon next to the sermon title...

The window comes up in the left hand corner...but it is blank (no player displaying).

However, when I scroll over in the window, the player is there.

How can I get the player to be aligned LEFT in the window and not centered so that when the window displays, the player is in the window?

www.perryhrbc.org/index.php/component/se...r/sermons?Itemid=121

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2013 13:08 #3902 by Thomas Hunziker
The issue is caused by the following rule in gantry.css:
Code:
body {min-width: 960px;}

This means that each window, even popups will have a minimum width of 960px.
A template should not apply styles like this if the output is requested with the parameter "&tmpl=component", like in our popup case.

The centering is applied in the media/com_sermonspeaker/css/sermonspeaker.css and looks like this:
Code:
div.popup{ padding: 5px; text-align: center; }

You can change this if you add a rule like this to your template:
Code:
div.ss-sermon-container div.popup { text-align:left; }

More
26 Sep 2013 18:24 #3904 by Pamela Besteder
Something went wrong.

I used your suggestion for making changes to my template

div.ss-sermon-container div.popup {
text-align:left;
}

But after doing that, it still didn't work....actually this time the player wasn't even there in the window when I scrolled over. So I decided to back that change to my template out and just forget it.

But now when I click the play icon, the window itself doesn't even show now.

More
26 Sep 2013 18:39 #3907 by Thomas Hunziker
Check your SermonSpeaker settings and make sure you still have set the icon to open the popup.

More
26 Sep 2013 18:52 #3908 by Pamela Besteder
It is.

Now it's back to the window as blank and the player still in the middle...needing to scroll over to view it.

Listen, here's what I want to do. All I want is for users to be able to listen AND the hit counter to show a new hit when someone does.

When I use these options for Player icon function...this is what I get:

Detail page. That works AND the counter moves. But I don't want users to have to go to a whole new page and then have to click the play button again. This is what I'm currently using.

Direct to file: That works but the counter does NOT show a new hit. So this isn't an option for me.

Control the player. THIS would be my #1 choice because the user can stay right on the page and not have to go anywhere. However, the counter does NOT show a new hit. So this isn't an option for me.

Popup player. So far this isn't working because, as I say, the player in the window is centered and not flush left. When I tried your suggestion of altering my template to align left...the player wasn't in the window AT ALL and when I removed the alternation of my template, the window didn't show up at all.

Is there ANY WAY that using the option of Control the Player can move the counter to show a new hit? This is the perfect one for me. 2nd would be the pop-up player but that isn't working.

More
26 Sep 2013 19:09 #3909 by Thomas Hunziker
The inconsistent behavior sounds like an issue with caching to me. SermonSpeaker should respect the settings made in the options or in the menu item.
Check those settings and make sure you're not caching anything for the tests.

About your options:
Control the player: Since this is all done in the browser, there is no way the server could know what is played. That's why the hit counter doesn't work here. However Google Analytics does catch the play event and can track it.
Popup player: Would do what you want, but your template creates issues for you. You need own CSS rules to solve this.

Try with this rule in your template CSS file
Code:
div.ss-sermon-container div.popup { text-align:left; } div.ss-sermon-container div.popup div { margin-left:0px; }

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds