Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Can't upload

More
10 Sep 2013 02:04 #3845 by Alistair Kent
Can't upload was created by Alistair Kent
www.the-rock.org.uk
Sermon Speaker 4.5
Template: Yoo - Showroom
Joomla 2.5.14

I have been uploading weekly sermons to amazonaws.com now for a good few weeks, but suddenly this week it won't upload.

I've tried uploaded a file I have previously uploaded successfully, but that doesn't work either.

Everything looks fine with the file uploading, but just as it finishes I get an error message saying 'Upload Error 500'.
Can anyone help get me back up and running?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2013 07:39 #3846 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Can't upload
Error 500 usually means that the server terminated the script for some reason. The server error log would tell you why.
Usually, it's caused by upload restrictions, like to big files.

More
10 Sep 2013 10:33 #3847 by Alistair Kent
Replied by Alistair Kent on topic Can't upload
Thanks for the swift reply Thomas!

I've tried uploading a real small sized file, just a few kb, to check its not a size issue, and I get an error 401 with that. Does that mean anything different?

More
10 Sep 2013 14:21 #3848 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep, 401 means something different: "Unauthorized". See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_statu...des#4xx_Client_Error

I don't know however why you see this error. SermonSpeaker doesn't use this one.
Did you check your server log for errors? That's the first one to check, especially for the 500 (Internal Server Error / Fatal Error).

More
11 Sep 2013 17:50 #3859 by Alistair Kent
Replied by Alistair Kent on topic Can't upload
This is the log from the error_log

[09-Sep-2013 18:10:15 UTC] PHP Warning: S3::getBucketLocation(rocksermons): [RequestTimeTooSkewed] The difference between the request time and the current time is too large. in /home/therock/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 598

[09-Sep-2013 18:10:15 UTC] PHP Warning: S3::putObject(): [RequestTimeTooSkewed] The difference between the request time and the current time is too large. in /home/therock/public_html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/s3/S3.php on line 358

Can you shed any light on what causes this error?

More
11 Sep 2013 18:27 #3860 by Thomas Hunziker
Sounds to me like an error from AmazonS3 which says that the request took to long to process.
If you want to upload a file to AmazonS3 using SermonSpeaker, it will first upload the file to your server and from there it will be stored to the AmazonS3 servers. This error occurs between your server and AmazonS3, not between your computer and the server.

Why that happens is up to speculations for me.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds