Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Can't download files or submit podcast

More
17 May 2013 15:02 #3477 by Nathan R. Carlsen
I am hosting my .mp3s in Amazon S3 and I got them to stream through SermonSpeaker just fine:
www.therollerskate.com/podcasts

However, the files themselves can not be downloaded, and I can't submit my feed to iTunes, it says there is an error (I'm thinking these are related).

I have the files in Amazon S3 public (otherwise I don't think they would play through), but there is still something I'm missing.

Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2013 21:30 #3478 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Nathan

It looks like SermonSpeaker doesn't recognize https:// adresses as external addresses for download links. I have to fix this.

The same is true in the feed.

Unfortunately I can't fix it at the moment as I'm in the process of moving my home and don't have full access yet to my working station. I think I can fix it next week. I hope you can wait those few days.

More
22 May 2013 19:39 #3490 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Nathan

I've now changed the way external links are recognized to use a native PHP function. This should work more reliable than my current string comparision.

Can you try the attached version and check if everything still works?

File Attachment:

File Name: sermonspea...5-22.zip
File Size:3,134 KB
Attachments:

More
22 May 2013 22:01 #3494 by Nathan R. Carlsen
Looks like this fixed the ability to download the file.
I'll try submitting the podcast tonight after I get done with work.

More
23 May 2013 02:54 #3497 by Nathan R. Carlsen
This also fixed the ability to submit podcasts.

One thing I did notice is that, for my purposes, I'd like more flexibility for the category of my podcast, as mine isn't necessarily faith oriented (however some of my entries will be).

More
23 May 2013 08:23 #3498 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for your feedback about the change. It's good to know that it's working now.

The category is a good point. The list is very old, I didn't touch it much when I took the SermonSpeaker project over.
I could add the whole list of available categories from www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html#categories . But it would mean some additional language strings for translators.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds