Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Font end upload - add scripture doesn't work

More
24 Jan 2013 23:52 #2942 by James Macleod
When I click on the green plus to add a scripture to a seromon, rather than getting a modal popup, I get a new page and the save and cancel buttons don't work.
Does anyone know what is wrong and how i can fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 06:57 #2943 by Thomas Hunziker
Which version of Joomla and SermonSpeaker are you using? Does this happen in front- or in backend? Which browser? Which template?

More
25 Jan 2013 08:42 #2944 by James Macleod
Joomla 2.5.8
Sermonspeaker 4.4.11, the issue was there with 10 as well.
It's only an issue in the front end, back end is fine
I see the issue in chrome and internet explorer
I'm using the beez2 template on the front end
I should also add that it work fine on a local Dev version, but not in production.

More
25 Jan 2013 10:28 #2945 by Thomas Hunziker
Does it work for speaker and series? Because those use the exact same code.

Basically it would rather be a Joomla issue than a SermonSpeaker issue. The modal window uses a standard Mootools Javascript function.

Maybe you have some plugins enabled which break this kind of thing? I'd compare what you have installed on your production server that is not installed in your local dev version.
Check plugins and modules.

More
26 Jan 2013 00:21 #2946 by James Macleod
They don't work either, although the behaviour is different. Adding a speaker or series brings up a new page. If I enter data nd click on save, I get a message that the item has been saved successfully, but then I get a blank screen that keeps on reloading.

I've tried disabling all non sermon speaker plugins (I only had one significant one) but that's not changed anything.

I have changed some of the templates for the sermon detail screen, could that have messed up this page?

More
26 Jan 2013 08:37 #2947 by Thomas Hunziker
The different behaviour makes sense because speaker and series work a bit different.
The only problem is that they dont load with a modal window, other than that it works as expected.

Can you try editing the layout for the frontend editing:

/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/frontendupload/tmpl/default.php

On the top around line #7 where you see some jhtml commands add this:
Code:
JHTML::_('behavior.modal');

It's indeed missing, however I don't understand yet why it's still working for me and on your test server.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds