Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Statistics Page looking... Raw?

More
20 Aug 2012 16:03 #2401 by Manuel Kuhs
Hey,

When I click to open sermonspeaker statistics in the backend, it goes to:
index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=statistics&format=raw

and shows a raw XML file.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Manuel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2012 16:14 #2402 by Thomas Hunziker
You're not doing anything wrong. It is supposed to show an XML file. There was a request some time ago to have such an output which would allow to export the statistic into other programs (like Excel or whatever).

The same hitcounts are also shown in the series/speakers/sermons pages.

Maybe I should get rid of this statistics view as an own menu item and add it as a tools function instead. It's something that grew like this with the years :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manuel Kuhs

More
20 Aug 2012 16:29 #2403 by Manuel Kuhs
makes sense.

Nah it's ok the way it is, I forgot I can just sort by hits etc. in the other backend views :/

More
28 Oct 2013 06:26 - 28 Oct 2013 06:26 #4005 by Kirill
Hello Thomas,

I get this message when trying to view sermon statistics or export them: "
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below"

Was reading in the other thread that it is not supported anymore for the sermonspeaker versions 4.x and so. Is there any way to get graphic view of stats?

Thank you!
Last edit: 28 Oct 2013 06:26 by Kirill.

More
28 Oct 2013 07:40 #4006 by Thomas Hunziker
This just means that there is no stylesheet defined for this XML output and thet the browser style will be used.
The view is only meant to be useful for people who like to export this data. It could be easy imported into Excel to further process them.

The reason for this change is simple: The hits are now shown sortable in the respective manager (sermons, speakers and series). There is no added value in having an extra statistics view like there was in SermonSpeaker 3.x.

More
29 Oct 2013 03:51 #4007 by Kirill
Ok, great. Yes, was able to export it into Excel. But is there a module that would allow it to view this table (maybe graph like or such) from the joomla backend directly just for sermons? Historical hits of each sermon and over certain period of time?

Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds