Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

SermonsSpeaker v4.1 Podcast stopped working

More
06 Jun 2012 19:14 #2029 by James Cooper
I have a podcast (using SermonsSpeaker v4.1) at the URL here and it was displaying in iTunes correctly up until last weekend and now it won't display in iTunes or IE. The error from IE9 is "Invalid xml declaration, Line: 2 character: 3 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-" ?>" If I do the feed validator I receive the same error.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2012 19:20 #2030 by Andrei Chernyshev
there is an extra line above the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-" ?> this usually happens when you have some plug in turned on. it is more likely that you are using 3rd party SEF/SEO plugin. Can you turn it off, and see if it still works. if that is not the case, easiest way to detect it is by turning off all non-joomla plugins, and turning them on one by one. the one that causes that extra line to appear is the one that has the issue.

More
06 Jun 2012 19:23 #2031 by James Cooper
Thank you!! It was the "Youtube Gallery" extension plugin causing the problem.

More
06 Jun 2012 19:27 #2032 by Andrei Chernyshev
if you still want to use that plugin here is how you can fix it.
www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/SermonSpeake...limit=6&start=6#1386

More
06 Jun 2012 19:33 #2033 by James Cooper
Thank you much!! ;) ;)

More
06 Jun 2012 20:13 #2034 by James Cooper
I tried adding the code snippet to the plugin file located at /plugins/content/youtubegallery/youtubegallery.php and it didn't change anything. I still receive the error. If you have another idea let me know.

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds