Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

vimeo step by step

More
02 May 2012 04:11 #1854 by Keith A Wooden
I love this program but I am also a real novice. I have everything set up but getting my vimeo external up and running. I hate to even ask this because you all have done such great work to set this up but can you tell me what needs set up in
media manager

COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELDSET_PATHS_DESC

Path to sermons
Path to addfiles
COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_APPEND_PATH_LABELNoYes
COM_SERMONSPEAKER_SPACER_SERMON_LABEL
COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_PATH_MODE_AUDIO_LABEL
COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_PATH_MODE_VIDEO_LABEL
COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_VIMEO_ID_LABEL

COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_EXTERN_PATH_LABEL

and

Videofile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2012 07:50 #1856 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Keith

What language do you have installed? It shouldn't show you the "COM_SERMONSPEAKER_...." strings at all.

"COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELDSET_PATHS_DESC" is only a description of what the settings page is. It should read: "Various paths which will be used to populate the dropdown lists in the backend. These settings don't have an impact on already saved sermons. Please select a path outside of SermonSpeaker (components/com_sermonspeaker) or Joomla will delete the files on the next SermonSpeaker update."

If you only use Vimeo, you don't need the "Path to sermons". This one is used if the sermons are on the same server, it also defines where the files will be stored if you use the included Flash uploader.
"Path to addfiles" is more important. If you use the additional file field eg to offer sermon notes for download, this defines where those files will be stored.

"COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_APPEND_PATH_LABEL" would read "Montly subdirectories". SermonSpeaker can append the current year/month to the folder defined above. So lets say the path is set to "/images/sermons" and this featured is turned on, if you know upload a file today, the file would be stored in /images/sermons/2012/5/.

"COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_PATH_MODE_AUDIO_LABEL" and "COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_PATH_MODE_VIDEO_LABEL" are there to define how the listbox with the sermon files work. This allows to populate the sermonfile listbox with files on an extern server (like Amazon or Vimeo) so you can easily select the file needed.

"COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_VIMEO_ID_LABEL" is your Vimeo id. If the above parameter is set to Vimeo, the listbox will have your vimeo videos listed.

"COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_EXTERN_PATH_LABEL" is used for the same purpose as the one before. But in this case the sermons are located on an extern regular server. This will need a special script in the sermons folder which will generate an XML output with the directory contents.

"Videofile", didn't found this one :)

More
02 May 2012 19:27 #1859 by Keith A Wooden
I see why I can't get it right. I have it pointed toward vimeo but the next line has no drop down and does not populate my vimeo list at all. I appreciate this so much but I do not see how you keep up with this. WOW. This is such a great program and you have done such a wonderful job of setting it up and thinking of everything.
I am using lang en-gb, sermon speaker 4.2.2 joomla 2.5

This is the error code I am getting
Warning: simplexml_load_file( vimeo.com/api/v2//videos.xml ) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/content/59/8304159/html/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/fields/customfilelist.php on line 92

More
02 May 2012 19:33 #1860 by Andrei Chernyshev
can you check your php settings i believe you need allow_url_fopen and maybe open_basedir turned on. allow_url_fopen probably for sure.

More
More
02 May 2012 19:46 #1862 by Keith A Wooden
here is what I have there.

Safe Mode Off
Open basedir None
Display Errors On
Short Open Tags On
File Uploads On
Magic Quotes On
Register Globals Off
Output Buffering Off
Session Save Path None
Session Auto Start 0
XML Enabled Yes
Zlib Enabled Yes
Native ZIP Enabled Yes
Disabled Functions None
Mbstring Enabled Yes
Iconv Available Yes

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds