Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend upload removing features

More
28 Apr 2012 11:07 #1850 by Reuben
Hello again,

I would like to remove some features of the frontend upload but have become a bit stuck.

Under the "detail" heading, I only need the date field, scripture popup select, and speaker select.

Here is the code I'm using in models/forms/sermon.xml
Code:
<fieldset name="detail" label="COM_SERMONSPEAKER_DETAIL"> <field name="sermon_date" label="COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_DATE_LABEL" description="COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_DATE_DESC" class="inputbox" size="25" format="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" filter="user_utc" /> <field name="scripture" type="scripture" class="inputbox" label="COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_SCRIPTURE_LABEL" description ="COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_SCRIPTURE_DESC" size="30" readonly="true" /> <field name="speaker_id" type="speakerlist" class="inputbox" label="COM_SERMONSPEAKER_SPEAKER" description="COM_SERMONSPEAKER_FIELD_SPEAKER_DESC" /> <field type="mediawrapper" /> </fieldset>
Which results in looking like attachment current.png

What I am trying to achieve is wanted.png

Why does removing a field with "media wrapper" cause the scripture popup to break?
And how do you remove the "add speaker" button?

Thanks for your time
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2012 12:22 #1851 by Thomas Hunziker
You should remove the whole line <field type="mediawrapper" />, then it shouldn't cause any issues.
To remove the "Add Speaker" button, you need to edit the file /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/fields/speakerlist.php. The line #48 is what creates the button.

By the way: If you want to avoid doing the same thing after each SermonSpeaker upgrade, you could also use overrides in your site template. A basic documentation on how to use overrides can be found here: docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_outp...rom_the_Joomla!_core .
Basically you would copy the /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/frontendupload/tmpl/default.php to /templates/your_template_name/html/com_sermonspeaker/frontendupload/default.php and edit the file there. You could do everything you want there, if you know what you do :-)

More
01 May 2012 14:53 - 01 May 2012 14:55 #1852 by Reuben
Thanks Thomas, for some reason it was breaking when I removed the whole line but it's working now.

Sorry to bug you again, but how hard is it to add another field to the database?
I would really like to have another field for the scripture the sermon is specifically based on. In our church we call this the "text". So the existing field for scripture would be used for all the scripture reading done, and then the "text" field for the portion of scripture that the sermon is based on.

This field would have an identical popup selection box as the "scripture" field on the frontend upload, and would not have to be searchable, only display on the single sermon view.

Is this going to require me to extensively rewrite your code, or is it fairly easy to implement?
Last edit: 01 May 2012 14:55 by Reuben.

More
01 May 2012 22:47 #1853 by Thomas Hunziker
There are already two "custom" fields in the database which can hold anything you want. You can rename those fields using the language strings, or with the Language Overrides.

If you want exactly the functionality you mentioned, it means that you will need some basic knowledge in webprogramming. Otherwise it will be a big task to guide you through everything. If you have such skills, it's not that hard to do I think. I could point you to the right places, but you need to do it yourself. I can't provide tested step by steps :)

More
05 May 2012 03:43 - 05 May 2012 04:58 #1875 by Reuben
I forgot about those custom fields, thanks for that.

I've got it all set up how I want it apart from the input type. Where do I start with changing it from "text" to the "scripture" style?

Also, having "0000-00-00" in the date field is returning "30 November -0001"
What is required to have a blank date, or "unknown"?
Last edit: 05 May 2012 04:58 by Reuben.

More
05 May 2012 08:42 #1877 by Thomas Hunziker
Look at the file /components/com_sermonspeaker/models/forms/sermon.xml. There every field is defined with name, description type and such things. Changing the type there will change it in the form.
The scripture type itself is defined in /administrators/components/com_sermonspeaker/models/fields/scripture.php.
The modal window which gets opened is the scripture view.

Keep in mind that it could well be that the thing is hardcoded to the scripture field. I'm not sure how flexible it is as it was not designed to be used elsewhere.

In which view is the date showing this "30 November -0001"? This date is what comes out if the database has a "0000-00-00" in it. In a view layout I usually check against this value and only show the date if it's other than '0000-00-00'. If you see the 30 November -0001 it's probably a bug.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds