Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

ID3 Time Look Up.

More
12 Sep 2011 16:04 #1052 by Andrei Chernyshev
Seems i'm still getting a but with time look ups for mp3. the when i click on button i'm pulling alias and title from file name but length is still set as 0:00:00 the file lengths are around 40 minutes. here is the itunes feed if you need to check mp3 files. itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id459011870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2011 18:13 - 12 Sep 2011 18:13 #1053 by Thomas Hunziker
I have checked it with the newest files from your feed (length 30:20 and 38:42) and it worked for me. Tried it in frontend and backend.

So I'm not sure why it fails for you.

Also the code to calculate the length is quite simple:
Code:
if (array_key_exists('playtime_seconds', $FileInfo)){ $lenght = $FileInfo['playtime_seconds']; $hrs = floor($lenght / 3600); $min = floor(($lenght - $hrs * 3600) / 60); $sec = round($lenght - $hrs * 3600 - $min * 60); $id3['sermon_time'] = $hrs.':'.sprintf('%02d',$min).':'.sprintf('%02d', $sec); } else { $id3['sermon_time'] = ''; }
Basically it looks for the "playtime_seconds" string in the FileInfo from the getID3 library and calculates the hrs, mins and secs from it. Maybe the library fails to get the playtime_seconds for some reason?
Last edit: 12 Sep 2011 18:13 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
12 Sep 2011 19:32 #1054 by Andrei Chernyshev
i was using chrome browser i wonder if that causes any issues. i'll see about trying it out tonight on different one.

More
13 Sep 2011 00:42 #1055 by Andrei Chernyshev
seems to be issue is happening before you do a save. ID3 look up does not return anything. after i save it works. I've attached file where i'm seeing an error. i'll see if i can replicate this on other browsers.

More
13 Sep 2011 01:35 #1056 by Andrei Chernyshev
i've checked in IE8, Firefox, and Chrome and i am seeing same thing. here is the screenshot.
Attachments:

More
13 Sep 2011 12:29 #1057 by Thomas Hunziker
You didn't attach the file :-)

Which button are you clicking exactly to read the tags and what URL is it showing afterwards?
The URL should contain something like:

&type=audio&file=/components/com_sermonspeaker/media/default_sermon.mp3

at the end which tells the function the file to look up.

speaking of this maybe we have an issue with special characters here as well. Maybe I have to base64 encode this URL so it works

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds