Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Warning Failed to Move File

More
14 Jun 2011 19:49 #656 by Paul Jacobson
Trying front end upload
Receive message "Warning Failed to Move File"
Note, our path to sermons is ../metsermons/sermons/sermons
We are using 3.4.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2011 20:54 #657 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm not sure if the Uploader works if the path is outside the Joomla root directory. I doubt it.

The server (apache) error log would tell you why it failed to move the file. Probably because the webserver doesn't have write access to the directory or something like that.

More
14 Jun 2011 21:06 #658 by Paul Jacobson
There was nothing unusual in the logs or anything that appeared relevant to the issue. I am going to try to see if it is an issue with SEF.

More
15 Jun 2011 05:41 #661 by Thomas Hunziker
Try to move the sermons to a directory inside the Joomla directory and see if that solves the issue.

More
15 Jun 2011 13:32 #663 by Paul Jacobson
It is definitely a path issue. Would it be possible to have a front end link that did NOT require uploading the file? That might solve the issue for a lot of us. I know that I prefer to put the sermons in a non-joomla folder to facilitate nightly backups of Joomla.

More
15 Jun 2011 16:50 #665 by Thomas Hunziker
It is not possible because to my knowledge the Joomla file functions only can access files in Joomla directory. I would have to program my own functions which I try to avoid wherever possible.

But of course you can manually add the full URL to the file into the sermon, starting with 'http://'. Then the file can be anywhere you want.
I still have a feature request pending that will ease that a bit, by making the dropdown box work with Amazon S3 and extern servers.

Please note that when you have the files on an extern server (or outside the Joomla directory), some functions like the download will not work like expected.

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds