Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sermons are not playing/ Cannot load the Editor

• jeremy reger
  • jeremy reger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 May 2011 18:20 #621 by jeremy reger
Hello, first of all, thank you for all the work you guys have put into this, its amazing.

My issue is, I recently had a compromised site, and had to rebuild it. Everything worked fine until I changed the file and folder permissions to secure everything.

Now none of the sermons play, and when you go to add a sermon page says "cannot load the editor".

What are the proper file and folder permissions? is there one file that needs to be different?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2011 20:53 #624 by Thomas Hunziker
The editor is the regular Joomla editor, there's nothing special about this. So it should be the same for an article or a sermon I think.

For the playing it probably needs public read (maybe execute?) rights for the flash player. This one would be in /components/com_sermonspeaker/media/player/.

• jeremy reger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 May 2011 16:05 #631 by jeremy reger
Replied by jeremy reger on topic Re: Sermons are not playing/ Cannot load the Editor
Thank you for the quick reply..

I have all the audio files now at 755 and the player at 755 and its still not working.

I have reinstalled SermonSpeaker saved the config. I have the editor working on my end now, someone using a Mac cannot, but my editor is fine.

Thanks again for the quick reply. Just gotta start from scratch again.

More
27 May 2011 16:25 #633 by Thomas Hunziker
If the editor is working on your machine but not on a mac, then it isn't a file permission problem I guess.
Is the editor working for him when he edits a content item?

Is there an error message either in the logfiles or on the site which says why the sermons aren't playing? Maybe it's not related to file permissions at all?

• jeremy reger
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 May 2011 17:52 #634 by jeremy reger
Replied by jeremy reger on topic Re: Sermons are not playing/ Cannot load the Editor
I believe I have gotten the editor completely working on both ends.

I still cannot play the sermons through either player the normal or the alternate. I am able to download them which means they are available. Just not coming through the player.

it is www dot picknaz dot org and under the sermons tab.

More
27 May 2011 18:30 #635 by Thomas Hunziker
I probably see the problem :-)

The audio files are in a secure directory which are not accessible by the browser. You can try to directly access the files by typing the URL in the browser. This has to be working.
The Flash player actually runs in the browser and accesses the file from there.

The download function however is a server side access which only delivers the data, this is why the download still works.

Also you may want to have a look at the filenames. They need to be URL safe for those reasons. Spaces are sometimes causing troubles as well.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds