Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Seek video without buffering

More
02 Feb 2011 21:13 #198 by Ruben Ryapolov
What I want is so that you can click anywhere on the jw player timeline and play the video from there... If it's a 3 hour long video usually you dont want to wait for it to buffer before you can play the video from where you'd like...

I asked this same question over at the jw forums, and they said:

Got it...you need to use streaming if you want that functionality - www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/...ttp-pseudo-streaming

But I'm not sure what to do...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2011 07:33 #202 by Thomas Hunziker
If I understand this right, then your server needs to support it:

HTTP Pseudostreaming does not work by default on any webserver. A serverside module is needed to enable it. Here are the two most widely used (and open source) modules for this:

* The H264 streaming module for Apache, Lighttpd, IIS and NginX. It supports MP4 videos.
* The FLV streaming module for Lighttpd. It supports FLV videos.

If that is settled, then you can add the provider to the player. You'll have to add the variable to the existing ones in the helper file /components/com_sermonspeaker/helpers/sermonspeaker.php.
Look for the function "insertPlayer()" and then there are some if-clauses to get the player set up right dependant on the view and parameters.
Add the following command to the player where you need it:
Code:
so.addVariable('provider','http');

More
04 Feb 2011 01:46 #206 by Ruben Ryapolov
Did that and it still doesnt do what I want...

Just to be clearer... Here's the scenario:

You want to watch a church service that is 2 hours long, but you only want to listen to the worship parts...
So you click on the jw player bar and click where you want to play from...

Is that a better explanation?

More
04 Feb 2011 06:55 #208 by Thomas Hunziker
I know what you mean.
If it's not working, then either your server doesn't support it or the file itself is missing this jumppoints. There is a notice about this on the page you linked:

Note: Some FLV encoders do not include seekpoints metadata when encoding videos. Without this data, HTTP Pseudostreaming will not work. If you suspect your videos to not have metadata, use our Metaviewer plugin to inspect the video. There should be a seekpoints or keyframes list. If it is not there, use the FLVMDI tool to parse your FLV videos and inject this metadata.

Also it will only work on flv and maybe mp4 videos as I understand it.

Maybe you also have to specify the start parameter as laid out on the same page.
As it is a very server specific thing, I can't assist you much here.
The player is all generated in this helper file, all adjustments should be done there. The player itself will support it if set up correctly. SermonSpeaker itself doesn't have to do anything with this.

More
05 Feb 2011 02:07 - 05 Feb 2011 02:17 #234 by Ruben Ryapolov
Well, If your willing to check if the code I put in is correct while you check the date format, that would be awesome. :lol: :lol: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :P

ALSO, I asked the same question over at the JW Forums.. Have a look here >>>
Last edit: 05 Feb 2011 02:17 by Ruben Ryapolov.

More
05 Feb 2011 08:05 - 05 Feb 2011 08:08 #238 by Thomas Hunziker
You had the correct code added to the series player (where there is a playlist). I've now added it also to the single file player.
You can try and check if it works now.

If it doesn't work now, then most likely your server doesn't support it. You would then have to install the needed software there. But for this you better ask someone who is familiar with servers ;)
Last edit: 05 Feb 2011 08:08 by .

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds