Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Full feed link and iTunes Error

More
15 May 2012 22:37 #1953 by Drew
I have been using SermonSpeaker for a while now without problems and just recently the Full feed link takes me to a page that says:

"Error creating feed file, please check write permissions."

seen here .

I have googled the error and it says to make sure that the cache is writable, which it is, and to try clearing the cache. So, I am not sure why the rss feed suddenly stopped working.

I have tried the url without "feed=RSS2.0&tmpl=component" and this will display the feed without errors hanovercommunitychurch.com/index.php?opt...monspeaker&view=feed . However, this is not where the Full feed link takes me.

Also, iTunes is also showing that:

"Your request could not be completed. The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store"

I would greatly appreciate it if you could suggest how to resolve the error messages.

Thank you!
Drew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2012 22:45 #1954 by Andrei Chernyshev
what you could do is setup a 301 redirect (moved permanently) from old feed URL to new one.

More
16 May 2012 09:57 #1955 by Thomas Hunziker
What version of SermonSpeaker are you using? You should probably consider upgrading to SermonSpeaker 3.4.3.

More
16 May 2012 18:21 #1956 by Drew
Thanks for the suggestions. I upgraded from 3.4 to 3.4.3 and this fixed the Full feed link error. However, iTunes still is still showing the same error. I tried re-submitting the podcast url and iTunes says that they have it already. I am not sure if this is still a SermonSpeaker issue or an iTunes issue. Any advice for how to fix the error on iTunes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

More
16 May 2012 18:30 #1957 by Andrei Chernyshev
1. Give it couple of days, their system will not update the links right away.
2. if it still does not update after that time change podcast name and try re-submiting.

More
16 May 2012 22:29 #1958 by Thomas Hunziker
A different user had a similar issue 2 months ago:
www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/SermonSpeake...in-the-US-store.html

However I'm not sure what exactly the problem was. I would say as Andrei did, wait a day or two and see if it is solved by itself.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds