changing table widths

More
22 Feb 2012 03:58 #1531 by B.Pohl
changing table widths was created by B.Pohl
Hi,
I'm wondering where I would need to change the settings for the widths of columns in the sermonspeaker "sermonslist" list with the "table" layout (the table has title, scripture, date and length displayed).

I noticed that only title had a with set through ss-title. However, when I changed it, it could take 20%, 30% and 70%, but other percentages messed up with the width of the entire layout.

Maybe I was trying to do it wrong? Is there a different class I should have been setting the width to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2012 08:35 #1533 by Thomas Hunziker
You're doing it right. The widths are set using CSS. You can do so for every single column. Either by using the generic ss-col class or the specific classes for each column.
By default only ss-title has a width of 20% set, all other columns are left for the browser to decide. But of course you can set them as you wish.

More
22 Feb 2012 16:25 - 22 Feb 2012 17:29 #1536 by B.Pohl
Replied by B.Pohl on topic Re: changing table widths
Thanks so much for your reply--your support of sermonspeaker has always impressed me.

I am unfortunately having trouble with percentages other than 20%, 30%, 70%. For example, I've set it to 50% here:
[removed because it was a testing site]
And the table now fails to wrap across the page...

The only thing I could think of was that other certain percentages have not been defined or are somehow unavailable in sermonspeaker (?)

Any clues on this one?
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 17:29 by B.Pohl.

More
22 Feb 2012 16:31 #1537 by Andrei Chernyshev
try also to apply width to those elements.
Code:
.ss-length { width="20%"; } .ss-date { width="15%"; } .ss-scripture { width="15%"; }

More
22 Feb 2012 16:38 - 22 Feb 2012 16:39 #1539 by B.Pohl
Replied by B.Pohl on topic Re: changing table widths
Thanks for the reply. I've applied the classes you suggested and it changed the overall width a little, but definitely not 100%. I'm not sure how it's figuring the math (!)

This is the code I used:
Code:
.ss-length { width:20%; } .ss-date { width:15% } .ss-scripture { width:15% }
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 16:39 by B.Pohl.

More
22 Feb 2012 17:27 - 22 Feb 2012 17:28 #1540 by B.Pohl
OK, I think I've tracked it down. I'm not sure what caused it, but the percentages were being applied to the table which sat in an undefined class called "category." So, instead of defining new classes, I put this code for the category class in the css/sermonspeaker.css file
Code:
.category { width: 100%; } .ss-title { width: 50%; }

And it seems to be behaving now. Thanks again for your suggestions.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 17:28 by B.Pohl.

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds