Logo of SermonSpeaker Extension Claim

Login Form

SermonSpeaker 4.1 (Beta)

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #471 by Thomas Hunziker
SermonSpeaker 4.1 comes closer to a release and I wanted to show you a bit what is going on behind the scenes.

First of all I tried to iron out bugs in SermonSpeaker 4.0. There were more than I had thought. I hope I've found all of them, but quite sure I still missed some. For this reason I attached the current version of SermonSpeaker to this post. So those willing to betatest SermonSpeaker 4.1 can do so. Keep in mind that SermonSpeaker 4.x works only with Joomla 1.6. Also don't use SermonSpeaker 4.1beta on a productive site. It should hopefully run without problems, but it's still a beta ;)

Of course I also added some new features:
  • Rewritten Frontend Uploader. It now has a Flash Uploader and it's reduced to one step.
  • Added the possibility to have an audio and a videofile assigned to each sermon. A new parameter sets the priority file if both are present (other one is failover)
  • Added Player to each sermon listing, it will have the currently shown sermons as a playlist
  • Optionally this player can be toggled between an audio and video playlists, by default it will be populated with the file present, taking care off the "priority" parameter.
  • By default clicking the "play" icon in the list will play the selected sermon, the table wor will be marked with a CSS class ('ss-current').
  • The function of the icon and the sermon-title link can be set in the backend
  • Added ACL checks to each view. Use categories for restricting access to certain sermons, series and/or speakers. If a category is either unpugblished or access restricted, the related items will not be shown at all if not allowed. For sermons this also includes the categories assigned to the speaker and series.
  • If you unpublish a series or speaker, the assigned sermons will still show, but the series/speaker will not be linked. Only the name will be shown. For example use this if you have guest speakers who should not appear on the speakers list, but you still like the info on the sermon itself.
  • The Frontend Uploader and the Feed view take a new URL parameter &username=abc and &password=xyz which will try to login the user prior to the ACL check. This is usefull if you have no login on your page and want to use the Frontend Uploader. Or if a user wants to read a feed with access restricted sermons with his feed reader.
  • Sermons can now have a picture. This will be shown as "album art" in the Flash Player
  • Rewrote each view to mimic a bit more a content view. This now also makes use of the advanced menu item parameters Joomla 1.6 brings by default (page display options and metadata). We also use now the default CSS classes which should make SermonSpeaker integrate better into your template
  • Sermon Date now also holds the time when the sermon is held. If the time is shown depends on the date settings.
  • Added the option to download a whole series as a zipfile.
  • New option "default order direction" for the sermons listings. Defaults to "ordering ascending"
  • Statistics view in backend is rewritten to export the statistic data as XML. The hit count is now integrated in the respective listings and can be resettet there.
  • Added new sermon layout "content" which mimics a content item. The layout "new line" is removed as the same can be achieved with "extended new line" now anyway.

If you have any feedback, feel free to add your comments in the SermonSpeaker 4.x forum.

Feel free to rate SermonSpeaker on JED .
Useful documentation for beginners: First Steps & FAQ
How to say "Thank You!": Contribute or support using the Donate button at the bottom of each page.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by . Reason: Forgot Attachement it seems ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Name

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds