Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Is it possible for Sermon Speaker to not strip existing ID3 tags?

More
11 Mar 2018 08:45 #7017 by Brian
Hi,
When I upload Sermons they have, as an example, Album Art associated with the file. After SermonSpeaker has processed the file I find that these have been stripped. Is there a way to avoid this?
Thanks
Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2018 09:54 #7018 by Thomas Hunziker
Yes, SermonSpeaker will overwrite existing tags. If a picture is specified for the sermon, it should add that as album art.
If you don't like the replacing, you can disable the ID3 writing in the SermonSpeaker options.

More
11 Mar 2018 11:05 #7019 by Brian
Thanks.
If it adds it as Album Art where would I find it? Embedded in the file, or in the Series, or loaded up against the sermon? I'm struggling to see it, but am not quite sure where I am looking.
I am keen for SermonSpeaker to write new/empty tags, just not overwrite others. It looks like the Options page only allows me to write tags or not, not to control overwriting. Perhasp this is a futre enhancement?
Thanks again
Brian

More
11 Mar 2018 11:34 #7020 by Thomas Hunziker
The sermon picture specified in the sermon form will be added as ID3 tag, embedded into the sermon file.
It's a long time since I last tested it, so if it doesn't work as expected, it may be a bug.

SermonSpeaker either (over-)writes the tags, or it doesn't write them at all. There are no plans for other behavior because the getid3 library doesn't support it.

More
11 Mar 2018 11:54 #7021 by Brian
Thanks. Here is an example where I had the album image in the file before uploading it, then wrote tags and I think the album art is now just attached to the Sermon record and not embedded. www.westgatebaptist.org.au/index.php/ser...on/44-being-grateful
This might enable you to check that the functionality works as expected.

I understand that the tag functionality 'is what it is'.
Thanks
Brian

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds