Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Replace download button with link to popup audio player

More
29 Jan 2018 23:07 #6952 by Joe
So, I'm not very good with PHP, and struggling to find a solution. I have customized allinrow.php to have the look found on this page ( www.cometothecrossing.com/sermons-2/serm...ons-challenge-week-2 ). It is playing a vimeo video file, and I have added download links which take the visitor to the vimeo page when they click "watch" and to the mp3 file hosted on Amazon when they click on Listen. However, the church I built the site for is requesting the link to the mp3 open the mp3 in a player, not a direct link to the mp3. Is there code I can us to replace the following so it opens the audio in an mp3 player?
Code:
<?php if (in_array('sermon:download', $this->columns) and $this->item->audiofile) : echo SermonspeakerHelperSermonspeaker::insertdlbutton($this->item->slug, 'audio', 0, $this->item->audiofilesize); endif; ?>

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2018 23:12 - 29 Jan 2018 23:28 #6953 by Joe
Ok, so I tried to replace ::insertdlbutton with ::insertPopupButton and that got me a step closer; however, it opens the video file instead of the audio file. Is there a way I can retain the video player at the top of the page but have the popup open the audio file?

Let me also follow up with the settings I have; I have the Vimeo plugin enabled in Extensions > Plugins as well as the JW Player 7 plugin enabled... I have a felling this has something to do with which player is chose, as when I change the plugin order and put JW Player first, the popup works correctly, but then the main player on the page is the JW Player as well rather than the Vimeo player.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2018 23:28 by Joe.

More
30 Jan 2018 17:31 #6954 by Thomas Hunziker
The popup window essentially is a regular sermon detailpage, just with the special "popup" layout called.
So you could create an override for the popup layout so it defaults to the "audio" type instead of "auto". Eg $config = array('type' => JFactory::getApplication()->input->get('type', 'audio'));

More
30 Jan 2018 18:13 #6955 by Joe
Hi Thomas, thanks for the response... I replaced the $config line with the one from above overriding the player to audio, but it's still sending it to the embedded vimeo player. I confirmed I was editing the correct popup.php file as messed around making other adjustments that showed up upon refresh. Any thoughts?

More
30 Jan 2018 18:28 #6956 by Thomas Hunziker
Did you create an override ofyout in your template and adjusted this one? Never adjust the original file in the SermonSpeaker directory.

More
30 Jan 2018 18:37 - 30 Jan 2018 18:38 #6957 by Joe
Yes, I made these edits within the template override (html/com_sermonspeaker/sermon/popup.php). I get a feeling that the vimeo player has something to do with this. Does SermonSpeaker support assigning a specific player plugin for video (in my case the Vimeo player plugin) and an audio player for audio (I'd want to use JW Player)? I have both plugins enabled, and depending the order I put them in under "Plugins" determines which player is displayed; however, I can't play the vimeo video in JW Player nor the audio mp3 in the Vimeo plugin.
Last edit: 30 Jan 2018 18:38 by Joe.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds