Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Menu item won't filter audio from video

• bozhenko
  • bozhenko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2018 17:34 #6934 by bozhenko
Menu item won't filter audio from video was created by bozhenko
Hello Thomas,
Seeing that many people here (where I live) are not so used to podcasting technologies, I decided to create two menu items, Audio and Video ones.
So, I create menu item index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&view=sermons and set Type Filter to video (we have most of our podcasts in audio, and some are in both Audio and video, thus Audio menyitem should have say 100 episodes, while Video menuitem should show 20 that do have video file to it.
But now both menuitems show the same list of episodes, even though Type Filter is set to show different...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2018 18:07 #6935 by Thomas Hunziker
Can I have a look at your site?
From what you describe it should work as you expect. The menuitem with the video filter should only show those episodes with a videofile assigned.

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jan 2018 18:38 #6936 by bozhenko
Replied by bozhenko on topic Menu item won't filter audio from video
v-boge.org/video and v-boge.org/audio though sorry, site is in Russian... Or did you mean admin access?

More
05 Jan 2018 20:06 #6937 by Thomas Hunziker
Hmm, those are categories views I assume from the look of it?
When clicking the links, routing takes always the "audio" menuitem for the sermons view. So this may explain the behaviour.
That looks like a bug in the router then, where it tries to find a matching menuitem for a link. I'll hve to dig into that.

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2018 04:14 #6938 by bozhenko
Replied by bozhenko on topic Menu item won't filter audio from video
Thanks, Thomas, please keep me posted, so that I know when it's is fixed and rebuild our site - it's a major usability fix we were about to implement on the site.

More
08 Jan 2018 11:05 #6939 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you tell me the menu structure you have on your site?
I tried to reproduce this with creating two menuitems of type "SermonSpeaker - Categories List", one filtered by Audio and the other by Video.
When I navigate to the category, I get the sermons list filtered as expected.

Now when I have an additional sermons list menuitem, it will take the parameters from that one instead as that menuitem is a better match.

So I need to know a bit more about your setup to see how I could solve it, if even possible.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds