Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sermon Manager: Multilingual Issue

More
13 Nov 2017 06:01 - 13 Nov 2017 06:02 #6885 by Thomas Wong
Hi there,

First, I'd like to say that SermonSpeaker is a great plugin for my church website; we've been using it for a few weeks and it has served us well so far!

Now on to the issue at hand:

Our church is a multilingual church, and we have two sessions; one for English-speaking and one for Chinese-speaking. Both have audio files and DOCs/PDFs that get uploaded to the website, and we've enabled Monthly and Language subdirectories in the options so it all gets organized in the back-end.

• Uploading for English (en-GB) sermons is fine, and the uploader sends it to the correct subdirectory every time.
  • Chinese (zh-CN) sermons, on the other hand, get uploaded to the en-GB subdirectory, and the dropdown for file selection is blank.

As a test, I went into FTP and manually added the zh-CN folder, and then I moved the files into that directory. The list of files show up for the Chinese sermons, and all is good. However, this method is definitely not user-friendly.

Did I configure SermonSpeaker incorrectly, or is this a bug?
Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 06:02 by Thomas Wong. Reason: Better formatting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2017 08:07 #6886 by Thomas Hunziker
This certainly sounds like a bug.
Can you try the attached version? I think I found something which would cause that behavior.

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...1-13.zip
File Size:4,011 KB
Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2017 09:23 - 13 Nov 2017 09:24 #6887 by Thomas Wong
Hey Thomas,

Yep, the file gets uploaded to the correct folder now. Thank you very much! I look forward to the next update that has this fix.

Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 09:24 by Thomas Wong. Reason: Words

More
13 Nov 2017 09:39 #6888 by Thomas Hunziker
Great! Thanks for the test.
The next update will have the fix, I alreay commited it to the repo. But you can already use the version posted here on your site, so you don't have to wait for the next release :)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds