Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Multiple iTunes Podcasts?

More
13 Oct 2017 20:59 #6857 by Eric
Hello, I have a podcast setup and it is on iTunes just fine, all is working. I would like to create a second, different podcast. I created a new category and series, but if I subscribe to it on itunes, it still comes in as the first podcast, even though it has the correct different actual podcasts episodes. Can you only have one iTunes setup or can I create i different one with new Title, Image, desctiption etc. ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2017 20:09 #6859 by Thomas Hunziker
At least in theory, you should be able to submit more than one Podcast to iTunes.
But I guess they need to have different names and such.
So make sure to create menuitems for the feeds and add different parameters for the feed description, title and the like. And then submit the URL of that newly created menuitem.

More
16 Oct 2017 22:49 #6861 by Eric
Replied by Eric on topic Multiple iTunes Podcasts?
Ok, I tried that, In theory it worked, however, the channel items seem to be following whatever is in the Sermoncast global setting, not the menu item. So it loads the right podcasts in the RSS feed but the channel tags are the global settings (set in SermonSpeaker options) not the ones I set up in the menu item.

If I clear out the global settings and set the 2 individual menu items with different channel variables, would that work? in theory of course lol.

More
16 Oct 2017 22:55 #6862 by Thomas Hunziker
Settings from menuitems should always overwrite the global settings, regardless if there are global values or not.
If not, it would be a bug I have to fix.

More
16 Oct 2017 23:02 #6863 by Eric
Replied by Eric on topic Multiple iTunes Podcasts?
That's what I thought. I thought Menu Items always take precedence. I just verified, that is what is happening to me. I have all the Channel settings set in the menu item and when I call it using:

/index.php/component/sermonspeaker/feed?format=raw&type=audio&catid=59&Itemid=1233

It pulls the right podcasts but the channel items are the global settings, not the ones set in the menuitem.

More
16 Oct 2017 23:27 #6864 by Thomas Hunziker
I'll check it tomorrow.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds