Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Joomla error on frontend after installation

More
25 Aug 2017 15:53 #6814 by Marty Comella
Hi. I have just installed SermonSpeaker 5.6.2 on a Joomla 3.7.2 instance. When I navigate to a menu item type of "SermonSpeaker » Sermons List" I am shown PHP warnings on the front end. Attached is a screen shot.

The URL that is acting up is: www.creekside.net/sermons/

The messages are:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home3/creekumc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/renderer/html/head.php on line 162

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in /home3/creekumc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 676

Warning: Illegal string offset 'options' in /home3/creekumc/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/document.php on line 687

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2017 16:10 #6815 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for the notice. I think I have already solved this in the development version but haven't released it yet.

I have attached the current development build, in case you want to test if it's fixed already.

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...8-25.zip
File Size:4,009 KB

There is also an easy way for you to get rid of the messages. Just go to the Joomla Global Configuration. There is a parameter called "Error Reporting" in the "Server" tab. If you set that to "None" (which is recommend on productive sites anyway), the messages will no longer show.
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2017 16:13 #6816 by Marty Comella
Wow! I am very impressed with your quick answer, and also for providing a patch immediately. God bless you!

Yes - I have installed this development version and the warning messages have disappeared. THANK YOU!

More
25 Aug 2017 16:15 #6817 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for confirming. If you see another issue, feel free to share it :)

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds