Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

"Error setting up player: invalid license key"

More
18 Jul 2017 00:54 #6775 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
When getting the Sermon List and trying to play a sermon, I get "Error setting up player: invalid license key"

Is this a browser issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 09:00 #6778 by Thomas Hunziker
No, this is a missing parameter in the JW Player plugin. The JW Player 7 needs a license key. That key can be obtained for free on their site (jwplayer.com). You need to create a (free) user and then in their dashboard you can go to "Players" -> "Tools" and get the license key for "JW Player 7 (Self-Hosted". Put that into the parameter in the plugin.

More
20 Jun 2019 12:45 #7467 by Phil Armstrong
Hi, I am having the same problem, but when I go to JW Player only version 8 is available and it is a paid licence key. Can I get the JW7 key from anywhere else?

Phil

More
20 Jun 2019 13:04 #7468 by Thomas Hunziker
Unfortunately, JW Player changed their terms some years ago.
I see they have now a free trial again, but I don't see what exactly happens after the 6 month trial. But it would allow me to create a JW Playwer 8 plugin if there is interest for it.

More
28 Jul 2019 19:49 #7491 by Carlos Silva
Same problem here, it appears that there is no longer a free version of self hosted, so not sure why there is so much emphasis for use of JW Player in SermonSpeak especially when there are so many open source options.
As a new user my question then becomes how can the open source options be implemented in SermonSpeak ?

More
28 Jul 2019 22:29 #7492 by Thomas Hunziker
If you scroll down a bit on www.sermonspeaker.net/download.html , you will find a section "Player Plugins". The first two listed there are free players:
www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-mediaelement.html
www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-pixelout.html

If you know another open source player library, I can look at writing a plugin for it.

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds