Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Can't find episodes even though does validate and has episodes

More
17 Jul 2017 20:01 #6773 by Thomas Hunziker
This may be a permission issue then.
Check that the categories which are assigned to the sermons are visible to public. Check as well the categories assigned to the respective series and speakers as those permissions are checked as well.
And also check the parent categories in case you have nested ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bozhenko
  • bozhenko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jul 2017 20:09 #6774 by bozhenko
I see in permissions that everything "Not Allowed", but I do not see "Visible" one option... yadi.sk/i/bDxnLG9c3L8xaq

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Jul 2017 02:26 - 18 Jul 2017 03:06 #6776 by bozhenko
Spent many hours playing around all the possible components, plugins and packages on my site (believe me I've got a lot of 'em in ten years of Joomla!-life). I even backed up the site, downloaded backup, setup local server and one by one turned off every possible addition to Joomla! that I have. Nothing helped. Then I decided, since I have local server now, I've installed clean Joomla!, then my template, then SermonSpeaker. Created menuitem for your existing sample sermon by Billy Sunday - it does work and generates good feed with item in it. Ok, let's meticulously go through all the settings copying them from the sample site to my live site. And I've found something that I believe to be a bug, or, again, I misunderstand logistics of the component...
In your sample, Billy as a speaker is assigned to "Uncategorized" category, and his sermon is also in "Uncategorized" category. Thus it matches and works for feed generation perfectly. When I put myself as a preacher to the same category as one of my media-programs (or call it one kind of podcasts) - everything works like charm! yadi.sk/i/nl-yvfC-3L9PNo and that validates with Podcast Connect - yadi.sk/i/ixkEcIeH3L9PPt
But here's the problem, as I wrote to you in one earlier forum post, I do have four different ministries, I need to air "Bible Study", "FAQ", "My sermons" and "Such is Life" - four kinds of podcasts. I've created them as different categories. But with present logistics in the component, if both speaker and episodes have to belong to the same category, I can't preach four different kinds of podcasts. I either have to create four preachers with the same name assigning each different category of episodes, or have to get rid of all categories put all four kinds of programs to the same bowl and air this chaos in one podcast...
Is it a bug in component, or I still don't understand how should I sort or categorize these stuff?

To me, it seems like when SermonCast parses the category, it shouldn't require the preacher to be in the same category as selected episodes. What if, say, senior pastor of the church visits Young Adult's service and we want to air his sermon in both "Pastor Billy" podcast, and "Youth sermons" podcast? We simply can't with the present parsing algorithm, can we? And then with present parsing algorithm, what's a difference between Filter Kind - Speaker, and Filter Kind - Sermon? They will give the same result, won't they?
Last edit: 18 Jul 2017 03:06 by bozhenko.

More
18 Jul 2017 08:47 #6777 by Thomas Hunziker
As for the permission, I meant the "Access" parameter ("permission to view") of the category, not the permission tab (create/edit/delete).

I just tried a similar setup where I have the sermon in an own category ("Foo") and speaker and series in another one ("Uncategorised"). Works fine for me. Try setting the "Category Type" explicitely to "Sermons" in the feed menuitem.

The code only checks that the category of that "Category Type" matches the category selected in the filter.
However it also checks if the categories of the assigned speaker and series are published and allowed to see ("Access").

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Jul 2017 09:27 #6779 by bozhenko
Thank you, Thomas will give it a try. Now I've stumbled over other issue... ))) The same episode does have audio (from AWS) and video (either from YouTube or Vimeo). I created two menuitems. One sets a type "Audio" and does work with Podcast Connect, finally. But the like menuitem with type "Video" won't validate and the same thing - Can't download episodes... So now the issue is in video files, of video storage... Any ideas?

More
18 Jul 2017 10:37 #6780 by Thomas Hunziker
I doubt Vimeo and Youtube videos work with iTunes, since you can't download the files from there. You can only view them with their own players.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds