Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Adding separate categories as different podcast to Itunes - possible?

• bozhenko
  • bozhenko's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jun 2017 14:14 #6720 by bozhenko
Hello Thomas, after your answer today the system does work and I would like to tell you THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Thank you for supporting something outside of Google - when YouTube out of a blue destroyed my channel (are they anti-Christ?)))) - supporting Vimeo is a must for me.
One more question: On my web-site there are supposed to be four different podcasts. Different areas of our ministry should have different casting streams. So, how do I add each category (or do I go by each preacher?) to iTunes listing? (I couldn't find any instruction on how to add podcasts from SermonSpeaker to iTunes, could you, please give me a link?) Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2017 14:46 #6721 by Thomas Hunziker
By default, the podcast has no filtering and shows all sermons.
You can create filtered podcasts by creating menuitems for each of them. In that menuitem, you can filter the list by category and add custom title for that podcast.
So you will have to create categories for the four podcasts you want to do and then assign the sermons to that categories.

The menulink can then be used to register the feed in iTunes. You register them on the Apple site. See step 5 on itunespartner.apple.com/de/podcasts/overview

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jun 2017 19:43 #6723 by bozhenko
Thomas, Podcast Connect won't validate such a link. there should be category filter in SermonCast module or something like that. I can't believe there has never been a need to have different podcasts for YouthMinistry and Sunday services of the same church, or things like DailyWord for some members while Sunday sermons for all church members. In our case there are four totally different topical podcast and those who want my sermons won't be looking for my teachings for business owners, for instance...

More
22 Jun 2017 19:59 #6725 by Thomas Hunziker
Of course it works. The usecases you wrote are exactly why that feature exists :)
If the feed doesn't validate (you can check that with validator.w3.org/feed/ ), it is likely another issue with your site. Often enough, plugins do something wrong.

The SermonCast module itself provides only a link to the podcast. It doesn't create one. You can have multiple instances of that module and choose a different menuitem for each of it. Then the links will point to different podcasts.

• bozhenko
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Jun 2017 20:39 #6726 by bozhenko
This one won't validate either: validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http...di-dzhejks-podkastom
It says that Vimeo link has something wrong with it....
(By "won't" I mean it does not validate)

More
22 Jun 2017 20:54 #6727 by Thomas Hunziker
You can probably ignore that, because the URL is the correct one and I don't see anything wrong with it.

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds