Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Not playing and error loading component message after 2+ years of working great

More
24 May 2017 00:14 #6683 by Danielle Kinney
Hello,
Using Joomla 3.2.3 and Sermon Speaker 5.1. Upgrades to the site are not within the budget for another year. No system/component adds or deletions; content changes, calendar entries and sermon uploads.They even tried to pull the mp3 in from Youtube. mp3 sermons play fine on Youtube and when downloaded directly to my computer. Just not using sermon speaker on the site.

The sermon speaker has been running beautifully for over 2 years. No changes at the server level of the site either. I just don't understand what has happened since April. The good news is they average 200+ listens to each sermon. Bad news is we have 200+ people who are disappointed..

After uploading and selecting the mp3 the following error message displays:Error loading component: com_config, Component not found. Yet, the new sermon is allowed to save and close.

Front end url: southchurchgranby.org/sermons.

Please see attachments of the back end.

Your assistance is appreciated.
Thanks,
Danielle
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2017 10:45 #6684 by Thomas Hunziker
If your Joomla can't load com_config, then you have an issue with your Joomla installation.
Also, your installations is outdated and vulnerable to several security issues. There is no excuse to not update. It's not a question of the budget (beside that a hacked site is much more expensive), just press the one-click update in your backend and get your site to Joomla 3.7.2 and SermonSpeaker to 5.6.2

More
24 May 2017 15:06 #6685 by Danielle Kinney
Thomas,
I concur with your risk assessment and have repeatedly spelled out the facts. I realize the upgrade is only a click of a button. They are not in a position to update and do not have the resources for the other extensions and associated dependent widgets. They understand the risks that you and I have clearly layed out. I don't have to like the short sighted decision but it is still a real constraint.

But that constraint shouldn't have an impact on the Sermon Speaker issue. Sermon speaker has worked fine for years and then all of a sudden it stops working. You can add new sermons, create new series, add new scripture, etc. The only thing that I can see is not functioning properly is the audio just won't play. Also the component error message does not occur during any other content additions; just sermon speaker. It isn't making sense to me why it worked fine until April and now the audio won't play.Again, no component changes have been made.

I have the same concerns as you about security but I can't force them. But what I can do is work really hard to find a way to get the Sermon Speaker to work again. And I desperately need your help to accomplish the goal. What do you recommend with the version installed?

More
24 May 2017 15:53 #6686 by Thomas Hunziker
I would have to check in backend myself if I can figure out something.
But if nothing has changed, then SermonSpeaker also doesn't magically change anything. Something changed for sure, the question is only what and why. Maybe the hoster changed something in your server settings?

More
24 May 2017 16:56 #6687 by Danielle Kinney
Yeah called host last night and they insist no changes at server level. If I use a different browser it looks like a bubble that says "JW Player" after you select play. I never installed JW player. Is this part of the Sermon Speaker? Can I just pay you to log into the site and take a look around? If yes, then let me know how I can get you the credentials for Joomla Back End and Cpanel.

More
24 May 2017 22:28 #6688 by Thomas Hunziker
Yes, JW Player is the player used by SermonSpeaker.
I don't take payment for support I do, but you can make a donation afterwards if you want.
You can send me the credentials using the contact form. I can have a look, maybe I spot something. But I can't promise anything.

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds