Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

upgrading from 4.5.8 - delete "SermonSpeaker Package"?

More
21 Apr 2017 21:15 #6627 by B.Pohl
Hi, I'm in the process of upgrading from Joomla 2.5.28-->3.x, so I wanted to update the sermonspeaker component to a version compatible with Joomla 3.x.

Anyways, i noticed in the extension manager that I have a (legacy?) installation of a "Sermonspeaker Package" labelled 4.3.0 and dated September 2011. I tried to uninstall it (on a test build), but this broke sermonspeaker entirely. I've upgraded the sermonspeaker Component to 4.5.8 & upgraded the modules to compatible versions, but the Package doesn't seem to upgrade, nor does there seem to be a sermonspeaker package i can download which might upgrade it.

Should I ignore the outdated "SermonSpeaker Package" and upgrade anyway, or is there a better way to clear it from the system?

Thanks so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2017 22:01 - 21 Apr 2017 22:12 #6628 by B.Pohl
OK, I found the "SermonSpeaker Packages"... sorry about that, it took me a while to re-familiarise myself with the website.

I've updated to the relevant version. Is there a way to uninstall the "package" without uninstalling Sermonspeaker?

Sorry to ask what seems like a potential impossibility, but I had to ask :-)
Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 22:12 by B.Pohl.

More
21 Apr 2017 22:25 #6629 by Thomas Hunziker
The package is just a Collection of the commonly used SermonSpeaker extensions (component, some modules and plugins). I think in newer Joomla versions it supports an upgrade path for itself, but in older versions that didn't work.
Uninstalling that package will uninstall all extensions that were part of it. So I wouldn't recommend trying that as it would also delete the SermonSpeaker data.

More
21 Apr 2017 22:29 #6630 by B.Pohl
Thanks so much for you reply...

OK, I'll let it sit there... Should I also keep it current, or is it safe to let it slide if all the modules/component is up to date?

More
22 Apr 2017 13:11 #6631 by Thomas Hunziker
It is just a single XML file. No problem when it is outdated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B.Pohl

More
22 Apr 2017 15:49 #6632 by B.Pohl
Thanks so very much - I appreciate the reply

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds