Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Player Plugins

More
29 Sep 2015 22:05 #5549 by Fred Pitts
Player Plugins was created by Fred Pitts
Hi, I upgraded recently from Joomla 2.5 to the latest Joomla 3. I had the latest SermonSpeaker for 2.5. When I got to Joomla 3, I clicked on all the updates and it seems to work fine. However, I have this message: "Using an integrated player is deprecated. Please enable at least one of the SermonSpeaker player plugins and then go to the SermonSpeaker options and set the 'Player' parameter in the 'Player' tab to '- Use Plugin -' instead." I have enabled all plugins with a SermonSpeaker title and when I select, "Use Plugin" I am not showing any player at all. Looking at the site, I have downloaded JW7 as a plugin from your website but it doesn't appear in the list of selected players. I don't think my upgrade included the plugins you describe; if so, I may not be finding them. Can you point me to where I can download them and install them and step by step how to get one of them working? Thanks so much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2015 23:20 - 29 Sep 2015 23:22 #5550 by Devin Smoot
Replied by Devin Smoot on topic Player Plugins
I am having the same issue. I turned the JW Player 7 plugin on. Added my JW Player 7 key to the plugin options. Cleared my cache and the site still says "No matching player found". I also tried pop-up player and I installed JW 6 Plugin and key to see if it was a JW 7 Player issue. No dice.

Thanks
Last edit: 29 Sep 2015 23:22 by Devin Smoot.

More
30 Sep 2015 21:43 #5551 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Player Plugins
During an update, the new plugins may not be installed. You will have to download them from the download section. The JW Player 7 one is here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-jw-player-7.html
Install it like a regular extension.
After that go to the plugin manager and filter by the SermonSpeaker plugin group. Edit the JW Player plugin and enter the license key and set the other options as needed.

When it still says "No matching player found" it means that none of the enabled plugins thinks it can play the file. What file types do you have in your sermons? And does it work with the integrated player? if you can provide an URL of the site, I can have a look and see if I can figure something out.

More
30 Sep 2015 22:51 #5552 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic Player Plugins
Hi Thomas, thanks for the reply. I went back to the website for the JW Player 7 and found for one, I was using the wrong license key. It is somewhat hard to find. At first, I must have put the key in wrong, and on the "By Sermon" listing of the sermons, it showed me it wasn't a valid key. I put it in again and it worked ON THAT PAGE (the "By Sermon" page), but it looked just like the original player. When I went to the "Latest Sermons" module on the right hand side of my home page, though, it was again saying, "No matching player found" when I told it to use the plug in. I am just using audio mp3 files. The site is clairmonthills.org. Thanks. (I have put it back to JW Player 6 for now.) Let me know if you want me to try something else or another setting.

More
01 Oct 2015 17:00 #5553 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Player Plugins
One thing I see on your site is that you use the "Icon" layout for the detailpage.
That one doesn't work nice with the JW Player and thus is hardcoded to use the PixelOut one. If you install and enable that player plugin, then it should work there. If you have more than one player plugin active (like the JW Player and the PixelOut one) then you can order them in the desired priority in the backend. Eg make sure the JW Player comes first when that one should be shown on the list page. The detailpage will then get the PixelOut one because it says to use that in the code.

The latest sermons module works on my test server. So I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. Maybe there is some caching active? Modules can be cached by Joomla and so would be the contained player. You can clear the cache in your Joomla backend.

I'm at holiday at the moment and thus am a bit limited in what I can test :-)

More
01 Oct 2015 23:23 #5555 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic Player Plugins
I found the Layout page and changed from "Icon" view, and the plugin JW Player 7 now works, but I have a question: When I tried the "Content" view, it has a settings icon for an email, but it shows blank. (See attachment.) Any way to have this show what it is doing? (Right now, I have the "Extended New Line" View on if you look at the sit.) Thanks so much, and enjoy your holiday. This is minor so don't worry about replying until you get back. I have used SS for several years and really appreciate your time and effort!
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds