Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Error Updating from SermonSpeaker is not directly

More
31 Mar 2015 21:42 #5181 by Tim Baker
I have Joomla 3.4.1 and need to install the correct version of Sermon Speaker. I downloaded the component: pkg_sermonspeaker.zip and try to install it and this is the error I get... any thoughts on how to get this software installed so we can use it?

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /mnt/stor13-wc2-dfw1/554483/944812/www.leadersintraining.com/web/content/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /mnt/stor13-wc2-dfw1/554483/944812/www.leadersintraining.com/web/content/administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker
JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file.
JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file.
Extension Update: Custom install routine failure.
Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: com_sermonspeaker.zip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2015 07:54 #5182 by Thomas Hunziker
Try downloading the package again, maybe something went wrong while downloading it.
Also check if there isn't an existing corrupt version of SermonSpeaker already installed. If there is, try uninstalling it first.
Other than that I could only imagine some bad folder permissions which prevent Joomla from creating those folders.

More
01 Apr 2015 17:10 #5185 by Tim Baker
I did uninstall any references I could find to sermon speaker in component, modules, plugins. Anywhere else to look?
I also downloaded it again as I thought that was the issue. Still not working. Same error.
Can you share with me the folder permissions so I can check them?

More
01 Apr 2015 20:02 #5186 by Thomas Hunziker
Check the "System" -> "System Information" -> "Directory Permissions". EVerything (except "configuration.php") needs to be writable there.
Basically you want "755" permissions for folders and "644" for files.

More
01 Apr 2015 20:34 #5187 by Tim Baker
If everything is writable (including configuration.php) does that cause a problem? What does configuration.php need to be?

More
01 Apr 2015 20:38 #5188 by Tim Baker
I changed it to 444 (read only) like other websites.

I am also getting this error when I try to install (again after making the 444 change):
Error
Updating from SermonSpeaker is not directly possible. Please update to SermonSpeaker 4.5.0 first.

Error installing package

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds