Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Firefox and Flash

More
15 Jul 2015 01:41 #5417 by Richard Papworth
With Firefox disabling Flash, our sermons don't play in FF on either a desktop or mobile. See www.westside-bible.org/sermons/sermons-in-mp3 . Shouldn't SermonSpeaker fail over to HTML5 when Flash does not work? Is there a way to get around this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2015 13:49 #5419 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Firefox and Flash
The SermonSpeaker players indeed should fall back to HTML5 if Flash isn't present. Or you can even set it the other way around that it starts with HTML5 and falls back to Flash in case the format isn't supported native.

The issue with HTML5 is that every browser has a different set of supported fileformats.
You can check on html5test.com if your browser supports MP3.

More
16 Jul 2015 01:24 #5421 by Richard Papworth
Replied by Richard Papworth on topic Firefox and Flash
Thomas, using html5test.com my Firefox browser passes the test. But with Flash disabled, the Sermon Speaker player isn't displaying on our sermon page, and sermons do not play. See the attached screenshot. Only sermon downloads work. Is there a missed setting? We are using SS 4.4 with Joomla 2.5.28.
Attachments:

More
16 Jul 2015 09:03 #5422 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah, didn't know you're speaking about SermonSpeaker 4.
I've moved the topic to the approriate forum now.

The solution is likely to update your Joomla to 3.4 and SermonSpeaker to 5.4. You should do that anyway since you're running unsupported software.
At the very least, update SermonSpeaker to version 4.5.8, the latest version for Joomla 2.5.

More
16 Jul 2015 18:31 #5423 by Richard Papworth
Replied by Richard Papworth on topic Firefox and Flash
We're not ready to upgrade to Joomla 3, so I updated Sermon Speaker to 4.5.8. However, it didn't fix the problem. Do you have any other suggestions? It works fine with Chrome. The problem is with Firefox since they disabled Flash in the latest version.

More
20 Jul 2015 23:29 #5431 by Thomas Hunziker
No, I don't have any ideas and I honestly don't remember the code for SermonSpeaker 4.x anymore. It's over a year ago since I last touched it.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds