Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Backup & Restore

More
02 May 2015 08:50 #5245 by Manuel Kuhs
Backup & Restore was created by Manuel Kuhs
Probably an idiotic question but I can't seem to figure it out....

I would like to create a new Joomla install and import a SermonSpeaker library from another Joomla install. What's the easiest way to do this?

In particular, I don't want to clone the entire previous Joomla install as I want to start off "fresh".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2015 14:02 #5246 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Backup & Restore
You can export the SermonSpeaker database tables (starting with "#__sermon_") from your old installation using phpMyAdmin or a similar tool. Export it as an SQL file.
Then you install the same version of SermonSpeaker in your new installation, and afterwards you import the old tables into your new database. Allow it to overwrite the existing tables.

After that is done you need to create and assign categories as you can't export/import those. You can use the batch functions to re-assign those.

You also need to copy all the sermon files and images to the new installation. Copy them to the same place they were in the old installation. This way, the SermonSpeaker links to the files will still work (they are stored relative to Joomla root).

More
05 May 2015 07:46 #5250 by Manuel Kuhs
Replied by Manuel Kuhs on topic Backup & Restore
Thanks, that worked!

The only issue I now have is that in the new site the Scripture references are a bit messed up - they show up in triplicate (see sermons.limerickreformed.com) and when I open them the book is unselected (even though the entire reference displays as including the book, see images).

I did do one thing different to your instructions, which may be the issue? I didn't import into exactly the same SermonSpeaker version... The SQL table (attached - it looks a bit weird even though it works in the old site?) was exported out of J2.5 and SS 4.5.0, but it was imported into J3 and SS 4.5.8. Once imported I updated both J & SS to the newest versions, and (unfortunately) only then checked if the scripture references are working.

Is this likely my mistake? If so I'll repeat and do it properly but it's a good bit of work so just wanted to check if you could see something else obvious that I did wrong :)
Attachments:

More
05 May 2015 07:47 #5251 by Manuel Kuhs

More
05 May 2015 08:27 #5252 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Backup & Restore
Yep, it may be because you used a different SermonSpeaker Version. There were changes between the 4.5.0 and later Versions, also regarding scriptures.

You can download 4.5.0 here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/sermonspe...component-4-5-0.html
It will also install into Joomla 3.

You can uninstall SermonSpeaker in your new Installation (make sure all tables are deleted) and try again with installing 4.5.0 and copy the tables again. Make sure to only Import the data once.

More
05 May 2015 13:41 #5253 by Manuel Kuhs
That worked perfectly! Thanks you!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds