Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

CSS Style for Table

More
14 Apr 2012 06:38 - 14 Apr 2012 06:38 #1776 by Chris Davis
Hello all,

Sermon speaker is such a great component. Thank you to all developers involved!

I have somewhat of a noob question - I am attempting to change the background of the table for the sermon list and have been unable to. I am new to Joomla and Website development in general and realize that I might be asking a dumb question.

I have attempted to modify the sermonspeaker.css file located in media\com_sermonspeaker with no luck in any changes. I have added some additional lines in my tempalte.css file and changed the width of the sermon speaker table (just to confirm that changes were being made) but I have still been unable to change the color of the table.

Can someone provide some direction in how to change the color of the background of the sermon list table (without globally changing some color for the whole site)
I am sure it's something simple and I'm just missing it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2012 06:38 by Chris Davis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2012 07:49 #1777 by Thomas Hunziker
The way Joomla templating works is that the template is the king and extensions are only slaves to it. That means every formatting applied by SermonSpeaker can be overwritten by the template, but SermonSpeaker cannot overwrite formattings of the template. That is because the sermonspeaker.css is loaded first, and all template css files come last.

So if you want to make some changes to the formatting of something in Joomla, almost always do this in the templates CSS files.
There is also the advantage that your changes will not be overwritten if you upgrade SermonSpeaker :)

Anyway the background color of the tables are set by the template, so you will need to change them there.

A good way to see where the formattings are coming from is the built in developer tools most browsers have. Hit F12 and click the arrow in the new window and then select the element you want to see the information about. For Firefox you would need the web development addon to do this.

More
14 Apr 2012 19:53 #1778 by Chris Davis
Replied by Chris Davis on topic Re: CSS Style for Table
Can you confirm if there is a way to modify the background color only for the sermon speaker list area? Similar to how you can change the width of only the table for sermon speaker?

Also, can you confirm it is not possible to apply a module class suffix?

I am just looking for a way to change the background color of just this sermon list, and not the rest of the site's background color.

More
14 Apr 2012 20:40 - 14 Apr 2012 20:44 #1779 by Thomas Hunziker
Each view SermonSpeaker generates has a <div> container with an unique class. This can be used to apply formatings only to SermonSpeaker.
Let's say you want to change the background of only the sermons listings table, you would use this CSS:
Code:
div.ss-sermons-container table.category{ background-color:#555555; }

Module class suffix are used for modules, thus the name. There is a "Page Class" which could be set in a menu item. This is similar to the "module class suffix" but for component outputs. This should work in SermonSpeaker.
Last edit: 14 Apr 2012 20:44 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
14 Apr 2012 21:07 #1780 by Chris Davis
Thank you for your response. I have tried adding that code to the bottom of my template.css, however it made no changes. The background is still light gray.

The site I am modifying is this: kairos.goldenhills.org/index.php/j-stuff/sermon-lists

Any other ideas?

More
14 Apr 2012 21:09 #1781 by Chris Davis
As an update, it does modify the page, but it blacks out the player area, not the background of the sermon list. As can be seen in the attached image.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds