Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on

More
13 Dec 2011 06:04 #1266 by jlb4350
I've been using 3.4.3 since it was released and it's been working great. Recently i'm getting this message on the audio play that says Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on. I get it on all browsers i try and i have the latest flashplayer installed. Also, javascript is turned on. Any idea how to fix this? joomla 1.5.14.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2011 07:49 #1267 by Thomas Hunziker
You can check if you have installed or upgraded a system or content plugin which conflicts with the javascript needed for the player.
Try disabling those non-core plugins and see which one causes the issue.

Also you may check if you have special characters in your sermon names which may break the code. A notorious candidate can be the apostrophe '. Check the latest sermon before the issue happened.

More
13 Dec 2011 13:02 #1268 by jlb4350
Thanks for the reply. I've only installed 1 plugin since the problem began and I tried to turn it off, which didn't fix it. I have however just recently started adding quotes "" to some of the sermon names. I'll check to see if this is the issue and reply with my findings.
Thank you.

More
13 Dec 2011 13:19 #1269 by Thomas Hunziker
It's possible those quotes may break it. Maybe also check the filenames.

More
13 Dec 2011 21:29 - 13 Dec 2011 21:32 #1271 by jlb4350
That was it. I had quotes in the message title and that was breaking the code. The file names themselves were OK, didn't have any apostrophes but I took the quotes "" out of the message titles and that fixed it. Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

Regards.
Last edit: 13 Dec 2011 21:32 by jlb4350.

More
15 Mar 2013 19:40 #3238 by Mark Landry
I'm getting the same error when access via iphone (Flashplayer needs Javascript turned on).
We're going to upgrade soon (joomla and ss) but in the meantime is there an option for getting sermons to work with mobile devices in joomla 1.5x and ss 3.x?

Thanx

Mark

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds